Settlers wont stay assigned?

amityville43

First let me say, even playing months without modding I found the PC version of Fallout 4 to be so buggy, and it crashed frequently (Def not my rig). Now I am modding, though I am very careful with conflicting mods, patches, installing/uninstalling, and load order. I haven't gotten any new mods within the past 2 weeks.I can't honestly recall the last time I updated the game, but I update it when prompted,

My issue is, about a week ago I attempted to assign a settler to something in Sanctuary and everyone assigned to food unassigned themselves, and I was only able to go back the next day after playing out of my settlements for a while, and assign them back. NOW, 1 week later, and I am unable to assign any settlers, any where, consistently.An hour later the notifications will show up "This resource is now assigned" and will assign whomever I had assigned, but then unassigned the remaining settlers. Pulling my hair out here. I've searched low and high and I have every mod patch needed, my load order is text book, even though I wasn't having issues with any of the mods before. Wondering if anyone else has this issue, and how I might fix it?

(Can't get "Unofficial Fallout 4 patch" Not even sure if that would help.)

it would be useful to know what mods you have installed as that might give a clue as to the cause.

the mod responsible could have been in your load order for months or even years with no apparent problems only for a single script to finally break.

a classic example of this is Don't Call Me Settler (which is/was a fantastic mod but seemed to have a problem with some scripts)

you could try fallrim tools to see if you have a rogue script causing problems

Ok, that gives me a lot more options! (I have quiet a few mods)

Thank you!

(Edit; I don't have MANY settler mods. Better settlers, orphans, clothing of the commonwealth, settlers pop. expanded to 100, CBBE, nothing crazy.)

Edited by amityville43

I've noticed that this seems to happen when I do 1 of 2 things:

1) Remove the build limit and build a lot more than the intended limit.

2) Get more than 20-22 settlers in the smaller settlements (such as Taffington Boathouse).

When I built about twice the limit of Taffington Boathouse I couldn't have more than 10 settlers before they all got unassigned whenever I tried to assign someone. So I guess there are some scripts that can't handle going above the limits too much.

I've noticed that this seems to happen when I do 1 of 2 things:

1) Remove the build limit and build a lot more than the intended limit.

2) Get more than 20-22 settlers in the smaller settlements (such as Taffington Boathouse).

When I built about twice the limit of Taffington Boathouse I couldn't have more than 10 settlers before they all got unassigned whenever I tried to assign someone. So I guess there are some scripts that can't handle going above the limits too much.

this helped me alot. i tryed to track down an issue that i can't apply settlers to jobs.

i raised the limit 349 & 34b in my settlements, and once i got > 20 settlers i can't order them doing things, and they often stop doing things mentioned like in OP. got to dig this issue