Making Vault 88 an exterior cell...?

Okay, so... I'm not exactly a modder or anything, but I really want to know if there is anyway to turn the vault 88 cell into an exterior one? I just really want to expand beyond the cave and get rid of the stupid hall of mirrors effect. It would be wonderful if that could be done in game, but as it probably can't be, I'd appreciate some guidance on doing such thing, if that's okay.

Really bad idea. Would be really really hard to work out the precalc with that cell, and even if you did because of its size I suspect you would destroy performance in the area either way.

Lmao Blah you must be using Swiftkey :D. Precancerous data rofl. Not far from truth though.

So I must be mistaken, you just want V88 to behave as exterior?

As far as I understand it he wants to switch it to an exterior skybox or whatever this game uses, enanble fast travel, knock down cave walls and stick some land beyond to expand in.

I cant help but think one of those mods that let you build any vault part in any settlement might be a better solution.

You can flag the cell to behave as exterior and allow fast travel (need to place and configure COC marker and map marker) , but as for implementing the LOD I am not familiar with the hows on that :/

Okay, I'm back now. And, no, I don't exactly want to change it to an actual exterior with land or anything, all I want is a way to get rid of hall of mirrors effect and flickering objects when crossing through the walls. That's my legitimate intention. So, changing cell type is a bad idea then... would there br any work arounf the issies above?