ENB Wrapper Version Crash

donut11975

Hi, I'm currently trying to install ENB Series wrapper but it simply won't work. It will crash or freeze my game on startup. I have tried reinstalling virtual runtime, directx9, etc, etc. I'm running the latest version of Windows10. The injector version works however, it is unreliable in terms of when it wants to apply on start up to the game or not. The wrapper version would be much more convenient but it is simply not working. I'm currently trying to the use the cinematic enb with and I'm also using Oblivion Reloaded. Any help would be greately appreciated, my specs are as follows

Specs:

CPU:Intel i7 6700(non K)

GPU: Nvidia 1070

Ram: 16 GB DDR3

Windows Version: Windows 10, latest version.

Edited by donut11975

• 2 weeks later...

I also having this issue. I was following Bevilex's guide (I've modded Skyrim for over 4 years and am just now trying Oblivion). When I get to the ENB install, I get a CTD as soon as I start the game from the launcher. I've tried:

- Installing both Injector and Wrapper versions. With Wrapper, I get a CTD when launching into the game from the launcher. With Injector, the game starts, but the ENB does not activate.

- Reinstalling base Oblivion, with just the 4GB patch.

- All AA, etc settings are turned off at NVIDIA Control Panel

- Steam overlay and streaming off

- HDR on, Vsync

- Deleting Oblivion folder in "My Games" to remove saves and have Oblivion.ini regenerated.

Does anyone have ENB working on Steam-run Oblivion on Windows 10?

Specs:

Intel I-7 5820K, Nvidia GTX 980ti, Windows 10

• 3 weeks later...

This finally worked for me - post by ArrowAriel over on the LL forums:

For everyone, who is interested, I noticed that running OblivionLauncher.exe as administrator in Windows 10, prevents OBSE from working. For smooth working in Windows 10, the best settings are:

1. Steam client is run as Administrator;

2. OblivionLauncher.exe is not run as Administrator (critical; all the Compatibility tab is unchecked);

3. Oblivion.exe and all the rest of programs are run as Administrator.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

For everyone, who is interested, I noticed that running OblivionLauncher.exe as administrator in Windows 10, prevents OBSE from working. For smooth working in Windows 10, the best settings are:

2. OblivionLauncher.exe is not run as Administrator (critical; all the Compatibility tab is unchecked);

Cheers

So glad I stumbled on this info. Thank you very much.

Cheers

So glad I stumbled on this info. Thank you very much.

Hmm no good, I still crashed when I switched back to the wrapper version. If you've got any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Okay, I've finally freaking got it.

For anyone that's experiencing crashes with the ENB wrapper version (the injector version doesn't seem to be working properly for many people so far as I can tell, so that isn't a good substitute), there's a very good chance this will solve the problem:
(note, this first part will likely only be an immediate solution for those using Windows 10/8, for those not I suggest you read on anyway because I'll get to an encompassing solution at the end.)
-Click the Windows button and type "msconfig" then hit enter
-Go to the "Services" tab
-Find the service in the list titled "Program Compatibility Assistant Service" and deselect its checkbox
-Hit OK and restart your computer
That should do it.
For those with crashes persisting, and those without Windows 10, you're going to have to determine which Windows process is conflicting, because there's a good chance that that is the cause of your problems. So:
-Open "msconfig" again. (If these instructions don't quite match the interface from previous Windows versions just fill in the gaps with brain power or google or ask)
-In the "General" tab choose the "Selective startup" option and deselect "Load system services" and "Load startup items"
-Go to the "Services" tab and ensure everything is deselected.
-Hit OK and Restart your computer
If any of your startup programs initiate after the restart (mine did, which seems like a Windows bug to me) just terminate them with task manager and then run Oblivion. If it doesn't crash, congratulations, you now know one of the processes you deactivated (including your startup programs) was the cause of your woes. All you have to do now is go through the tedious process of activating/deactivating/restarting/launching Oblivion as per the above instructions until you can narrow down exactly which process is causing the conflict. Have fun!
E: Don't forget to activate everything in the "Services" tab again.
Edited by muffinz10