Texture smearing unlike previous cases

lookatmyhorse77

Background info:

So if you think back to several months ago, you might remember that a bunch of users were having some severe texture smearing all over their games when Bethesda released a patch that didn't agree with many systems. Well, I've been experiencing an issue that is similar in its results but oddly different in cause. I re-downloaded the game recently in order to play the FROST mod, paired with many performance enhancing mods such as wasteland 512, upscale, and a somewhat broken installation of ultra-low textures mod (I started to install it, but NMM crashed during install and now many of the textures remain present in my game even though I deleted the mod through NMM afterwords.) See, what I'm about to say might shock you, but I've been having success gaming on my integrated Intel HD graphics card (with a modded PHDGD driver), and with many tweaks to the ini's and some low-res textures, I typically get upwards of 25-30 frames.

Problem:

Well, my game was running smoothly for the first hour or so of play without a hitch, until I encountered the smearing glitch. However, unlike previous cases of this glitch where it occurred everywhere no matter what you did, my problems arose when killing an enemy. Out of every 5 or so enemies that I killed, 1 of their corpses would become the source of the smearing. Horrible smearing would occur when the camera was pointed in the direction of one of these corpses, regardless of whether or not the corpse was blocked by a wall or prop. The only way to avoid the smearing would be to point the camera away from the corpse, even when you were separated from it by the walls of the area, or by simply leaving the area. Not only that, but the problem applies to my player character as well: Every time I die in game and the camera points to my ragdolling body, the smearing occurs. The problem shows up on both of the enemy types that I have encountered thus far (humans and feral ghouls), and I don't know how this problem will manifest itself if it occurs above ground because I haven't left the metro yet.

Examples:

Best example of a corpse as the source of the problem:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123250552/screenshots/?appid=0&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall&privacy=14

Corpses which haven't caused a problem:

Just some awful smearing caused by a corpse:

Previous troubleshooting attempts:

At first I thought it might be a gore texture issue, so I downloaded and installed "Gore Overhaul 3.0." The problem persisted. My next thought was that it might be an issue with the ragdoll physics or something, so I installed "Dead Body Collision" and "Ragdoll Collision," as well as "Realistic Ragdoll Force," to no avail. Finally, I figured it could be a problem with the skeletons, so I hunted for a skeleton replacer. Easier said then done. I finally found a new skeleton in the miscellaneous file section of the "Race Customizer" mod called "example skeleton" (just a goofy skeleton with a smaller head), but that didn't work either.

Guys:

I can still play the game with this problem, but combat becomes incredibly annoying if the camera happens to point towards a bugged corpse in the middle of a fight, and if bugged corpses are near an area with loot, forget it. I have no idea what the root of the problem is, and I want nothing more than to resolve this mess, so I ask the forum in hopes that someone will have any clue as to how to fix it. Please help me, and please don't be a dick about my poor Intel HD gpu, because it's run games that you would never imagine it could even boot up.

that looks like the mesh has turned itself inside out.

not sure how to fix it, but I remember the same bug in Skyrim.

all I can suggest is trying corpse cleaner which lets you scrap corpses everywhere, not just settlements.

you have to buy the books that enable scrapping each type of enemy from traders (Drumlin Diner sells some).

it won't stop it happening but at least you will be able to look around between gun fights