Completely borked my fallout 4. Looking for any sugestions.

SingularityiOS

About a month and a half ago I completely broke my fallout 4 game. I can't remember exactly what I did. It was something with getting Armor Keywords and another mod to work at the same time. I ended up reinstalling all mods and now my game is destroyed. I have reinstalled all mods and the game multiple times and I cannot get any mods to work now. I have no idea why. Any help is apeciated I do not want to start another character.

Screenshots in the spoilers

http://i.imgur.com/XYi7B0B.png

http://i.imgur.com/XkCWsBc.png

http://i.imgur.com/TpLbfiP.jpg

I really don't know what information to provide so please let me know and I will.

have you made sure to reinstall all mods after you reinstalled the game?

also , have you installed the mods in the correct order? because some mods overwrite others , which could lead to problems if you don't follow the instructions......

I don't suppose you had exported your load order before trying to mess with the game , right?

because if you , I would have suggested getting mod organizer (to limit problems with overwriting mods) , downloading and installing all the mods in your load order , then importing the original load order , so the order itself is maintained

and if the game ran well before what you did , it should get back to it

you should also check that the game itself runs properly , without all of your mods

maybe remove all mods , then just install an alternate start mod , to skip the opening parts , and just try to play around a bit , to see if the game runs well

if not , maybe your installation failed or something , and you should try a clean installation of the game

hope this helps , and if you have any questions , you are always free to ask :)

have you made sure to reinstall all mods after you reinstalled the game?

also , have you installed the mods in the correct order? because some mods overwrite others , which could lead to problems if you don't follow the instructions......

I don't suppose you had exported your load order before trying to mess with the game , right?

because if you , I would have suggested getting mod organizer (to limit problems with overwriting mods) , downloading and installing all the mods in your load order , then importing the original load order , so the order itself is maintained

and if the game ran well before what you did , it should get back to it

you should also check that the game itself runs properly , without all of your mods

maybe remove all mods , then just install an alternate start mod , to skip the opening parts , and just try to play around a bit , to see if the game runs well

if not , maybe your installation failed or something , and you should try a clean installation of the game

hope this helps , and if you have any questions , you are always free to ask :smile:

The NMM kinda confuses me when I comes to reinstalling mods. I click "Disable all active mods" then CTRL + A and install them all. Should I completely remove and redownload them? I have kinda avoided that since some mods are hundreds of MB and others have been taken off the nexus and I still want to use them.

The game seems to run fine even on my current save, just with none of my mods running. I will give this a go however. As for mod incompatibilies. I think I have got all the required patches and also used LOOT to sort them, but my logic tells me that I should get crashes and bugs if there are incompatibilites, not none of my mods loading at all. This whole situation is confusing me alot. Unforunatley I don't have my old load order. I might have a couple months old backup of the games files someone on one of my drives but i'd have to go searching.

did you remember to edit the ini files?

I think I have, but at the same time I thought we didn't need to do that anymore since Bethesda implemented their own mods system.

I'm not sure on the process with NMM , as I haven't used NMM for quite some time

but from what I remember , you don't need to download all mods again

what you do need is to manually uninstall mods one by one , then install them one by one again

and for this , you need to check the order in which you need to install your mods , so they don't break other mods

try this , and see if this fixes the problem

because it seems you've just not installed the mods properly

Uninstall all the mods with NMM, go into Fallout Data folder and delete anything except Fallout esms and BA2s, run the Steam verify and try again. You might also want to delete your INIs from Documents/my games/fallout 4 and then setting settings up through fallout launcher again

rather than disabling the mods then re-enabling them you need to remove then reinstall.

right click on each mod and select the "uninstall or delete" option then select "uninstall from active profile"

do this for all the mods then reinstall them one at a time over-writing as necessary.

it helps to install mods of the same category together as this keeps your load order neat and easier to sort.

once you can load the save without the missing mods warning, see if the game works or not and we'll take it from there :)

• 5 weeks later...

well you may find that out by starting a new game. if the mods still don't load, its not your save file.

has nmm successfully detected your fallout 4 installation?

and verify in NMM plugin tab if the esm and esp files are all activated (check box ticked).

then there is always your windows profile appdata not being touched while reinstalling software.

go to: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Fallout4\

you should find 4 files, two of are text files:

DLCList.txt

plugins.txt

check if the two files have your mods listed.

and some thrads mention that you need to initially load fallout 4 over the mod manager instead of launching it over steam launcher or follout4.exe directly.

Edited by maverikch