A little help with first person animations

Hello beautiful (and hopefully still active) people.

Here's a little intro about my plight:

I recently tried looking for a mod that would modify first person animations in any way, but all I've found was the mods that stamped the 3rd person animations into 1st person and called it "immersive". So far I thought that maybe Oblivion's Gamebryo made it too tricky to even try changing anything but 3rd person anims, but I had my doubts about that since I saw a few 1st person anims for New Vegas, which is also Gamebryo. However recently, while browsing the deepest parts of Nexus' butthole, I found a single mod that actually changed what I wanted but it was a simple side bobbing of the weapon. So I decided to actually try to make the animatins myself.

After reading some tutorials, I managed to extract the default 1st person kf files from the .bsa, import them into blender along with the skeleton with the nif/kf addon, view the animation and modify it, then export the new kf. I then used nifscope to change a parameter to LOOP, as was told in the tutorials.

However it seems that I'm not doing something right.

So far I've only attempted to modify the one handed idle (onehandidle.kf) by simply lowering the hand and weapon a little for every frame (just for testing), but in game, this is what happens.

http://imgur.com/a/Eyc7k

It would seem that instead of using the animation I set up, it defaults to another idle or something (as the weapon arm is mirroring the left arm, which as far as I remember was always in this position) and as soon as I move the camera, it just uses the vanilla idle animation again, until I sheathe and unsheathe again.

I would like to know what exactly ain't working. Maybe I missed some important step in the tutorials but I don't seem to be able to find it.

Or if this has been adressed before, feel free to bash me.