Best install location to put fallout 4 ?

mrphresh

Hello. So im gettin my new ssd in tomorrow, and i would like to know what the best installation location for fallout 4 is. I saw a video by gopher a few years back for skyrim that best was to have a separate ssd where u install steam and all games on.. Now, i ordered a samsung evo ssd with 500 gig, the previous i had was evo 840 with 256 gigs.. obviously my old one didnt have enough space to put fallout 4 in with alot of mods since the high res dlc pack alone is way over 50 gigs.. So.. Yeah where to install steam and then fallout 4 ? is it better to install my OS on the 840 EVO and have the 850 EVO as my gaming ssd ? Will that slow down any performance since the os is on the 840 and the 840 is slower than the 850 ?? or should i rather take only the 850 with 500 gig, partition it like the C drive gets 150 gig, and D the rest of the space 350 gig is for fallout 4 , steam etc ?? PLEASE help me out !!!!!!! ive been wonderin about this for too long and didnt find anything when i googled for it or maybe i didnt google it right cuz my english aint the best..... Thanks for any answers !!!!! :)

MY SPECS:

ASUS Maximus VIII HERO

EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW 3

32 GIG CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 MHZ RAM DDR4

Intel i5 6600k

corsair platinum power supply 800 watts i think was 300 dollars for this one a year back HXi something...

samsung EVO ssd 840 256 gig ( current one ) NEW ONE IM GETTING TOMORROW: samsung EVO ssd 850 500 gig <

noctua nhd15

i think thats it......

personally, if the Samsung EVO ssd 840 is your system drive (windows, etc) then I'd put it on the new drive.

one, it's a new drive with no fragmentation.

two, Fallout 4 is intensive on disk operations so separating the file paging from the loading of textures, etc should make the game run smoother.

Sweeeet ! So , Fallout wont get any performance loss since my OS is on the slower ssd 840 , and fallout 4 will be on the newer 850 right ? just cause of the fact that the OS , wich the game is running on kinda i think , is on the slow ssd . ???????????????? cause i was thinking just throw away the 840 , and only use the 850 as os AND game drive, just split this ssd into two partitions 150 gig OS and 350 GAMEZ, this better or wont it change a thing ??? :smile: Thanks again for replies !!!! i hope this was good enough english .

Assuming that you are running Windows, 150 Gb is (in my opinion) too small, you have to allow for drivers, updates, the page/swap file and probably a few other things besides. Having too little space on your OS drive will slow things down a lot more than having your games on a slightly slower SSD (many people play games using slower HDDs). The benifit of an SSD is faster loading times, the speed of the game is more to do with your cpu and your graphics card, both of which you seem to have covered. I would be temted to load the OS on the 256Gb drive and Steam on the larger 500Gb drive.

Your English is fine, I very much doubt that I could write a post in your first language.