How change the draw speed of a specific bow with Archery Gameplay Overhaul installed?

HaMpU01

I´ve been installing some mods recently, the problem is that two of those dont work well together...

I want to use the Archery Gameplay Overhaul, as well as the Dragonslayer Bow mod. The Dragonslayer Bow mod is supposed to add new bows, which have slower draw speed but higher damage/dragon scale penetration, a more realistic way to fight dragons. But AGO on the other hand forces all bows to have the same draw speed (half of the normal one). Therefore the Dragonslayer Bow also has a draw speed of 0.83 seconds, which results in a overall overpowered weapon... any idea how to change its speed while maintaining the speed of the others?

This is a difficult one...

as far as I learned there are two types of speed setting:

1. fBowDrawTime is a global setting that affects all bows in the way how much time it takes to fully draw a bow for maximum power (Not reflected in animations). This value is edited by AGO and you cannot touch this without changing the values for every bow automatically.

2. Besides this global setting each bow has it's own speed parameter that determines how fast you can draw it. This parameter also affects the draw animation.

So I would guess you decrease the speed parameter (the lower this setting the longer it takes to draw the bow) with the Creation Kit or Tes5Edit to counterbalance the speed boost that comes with AGO.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a difficult one...

as far as I learned there are two types of speed setting:

1. fBowDrawTime is a global setting that affects all bows in the way how much time it takes to fully draw a bow for maximum power (Not reflected in animations). This value is edited by AGO and you cannot touch this without changing the values for every bow automatically.

2. Besides this global setting each bow has it's own speed parameter that determines how fast you can draw it. This parameter also affects the draw animation.

So I would guess you decrease the speed parameter (the lower this setting the longer it takes to draw the bow) with the Creation Kit or Tes5Edit to counterbalance the speed boost that comes with AGO.

but thats the problem, it doesnt matter, if i change the speed of that particular bow... AGO still overwrites it with its global bowspeed

Just making sure that I understand you correctly.

By "draw speed" do you mean the speed to draw the weapon from your back or are you refering to the speed it takes to draw the string of the bow backwards with an arrow nocked in until you loose it?

Edited by metaforce

Forget what I asked.... I misunderstood it at first.

AGO modifies draw speed by animations and behaviours. Unfortunately that means you would have to modify the hkx files in context with that. No other way mate.

AGO has to do that so that the custom animations it comes with play with the correct speed. Otherwise AGO's custom animations would be out of sync with loosing the arrow from your bow for example.

You have to make a choice here unfortunately about what is more important to you. Custom animations or custom draw speed. If you decide that draw speed is more important than custom animation you might want to take a look at this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65317/?

It has the options like the dragonslayer bow, but a lot more than that. You can put various strings on your bow with different pull. Also custom arrows. Arrows that actually turn in flight. Also other customization options. Trickarrows. Firearrows....

Or you could actually keep a normal string on your bow and then use AGO in addition with nock to tip. That way You still have deeper penetration and all the other aspects of nock to tip without changing the damage....Not exactly what you want...but its as close as you will get.

I had to make the same choice like you. I went for custom animations (AGO) for most of my characters and Nock to tip for my archer character.

Edited by metaforce

Forget what I asked.... I misunderstood it at first.

AGO modifies draw speed by animations and behaviours. Unfortunately that means you would have to modify the hkx files in context with that. No other way mate.

AGO has to do that so that the custom animations it comes with play with the correct speed. Otherwise AGO's custom animations would be out of sync with loosing the arrow from your bow for example.

You have to make a choice here unfortunately about what is more important to you. Custom animations or custom draw speed. If you decide that draw speed is more important than custom animation you might want to take a look at this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65317/?

It has the options like the dragonslayer bow, but a lot more than that. You can put various strings on your bow with different pull. Also custom arrows. Arrows that actually turn in flight. Also other customization options. Trickarrows. Firearrows....

Or you could actually keep a normal string on your bow and then use AGO in addition with nock to tip. That way You still have deeper penetration and all the other aspects of nock to tip without changing the damage....Not exactly what you want...but its as close as you will get.

I had to make the same choice like you. I went for custom animations (AGO) for most of my characters and Nock to tip for my archer character.

1. I´ve already got Nock to Tip

2. If you tell me i have to decide between AGO and Dragonslayer Bows, it will be an easy choice, the only thing the Dragonslayerbows do is add some more realism to dragonfights, but AGO adds so much more immersion

Anyways, thanks for the help, i can do without those bows.