Completely new to mods - Please help?

Ahrimanian

Cleaning with TES5EDIT Question: In Gophers Video on this topic there is a missing DLC, the DragonBorn one. Do I just add that to the selection and proceed accordingly?

EDIT, I just realised he mentions this later in the video. I'm an idiot so disregard this question.

Video Link:

Unofficial Patch Question: How would I know that these mods are in working order, this goes for the Hi-Res patch as well?

Not sure what you are asking? These mods will be in working order if you place them in the correct load order. The Unofficial Patches tell you in the description exactly where they are to be placed. The unofficial patch corrects various errors in the original game.

Unofficial Patch Question: How would I know that these mods are in working order, this goes for the Hi-Res patch as well?

Not sure what you are asking? These mods will be in working order if you place them in the correct load order. The Unofficial Patches tell you in the description exactly where they are to be placed. The unofficial patch corrects various errors in the original game.

Ah sorry for the confusion, with this question the thought I had in mind was that because this is a patch that covered lots of areas. I got the impression that you wouldn't be able to directly see a result in game so to say which would confirm that everything is running okay and is installed. Where as something that added a new weapon or something I could go find, see it there and use it etc to know it works.

I hope that made things a little clearer :S

I have finished downloading those and put them in the correct load order using loot so it should be okay hopefully.

Now just working on cleaning Bethesda's files but not the skyrim master as instructed by Gopher.

If you have played skyrim pre-patch and familiar enough with the errors in the original game, then you will see the difference with the patches installed. There are instances of broken quests, or things not working correctly, like weapon's racks, etc. The list of things addressed is massive and listed on the patches description pages.

If you have played skyrim pre-patch and familiar enough with the errors in the original game, then you will see the difference with the patches installed. There are instances of broken quests, or things not working correctly, like weapon's racks, etc. The list of things addressed is massive and listed on the patches description pages.

Wasn't overly familiar but I can say I'm eager to play soon without some of the things I've seen.

Think the worse I saw from my session yesterday was upon leaving a shop in Solitude I believe, I found an npc just inside the dividing wall for the shops opposite. Only had his arms and legs poking out which was kind of amusing.

https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Legendary%20Edition%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

If you've visited the page then and read through, then you should be familiar with this link that details the fixes.

Thank you for that, I did have a quick look and I'm just simply being amazed by the amount of work that has gone into these things. Like seriously, you people seem like gods to me right now and I sincerely thank each and every one of you for what you do. Done a bloody good job.

In terms of a personal update I believe I am more or less there. Managed to install NMM, SKSE, TES5EDIT, LOOT, Unofficial patches, Backed up NMM details and plugins, cleaned the masters including the extra manual wild edits.

Now just going to proceed to the mods them self such as SkyUI. Is there anything you think I might have missed or would need?

All of these are actually "mods" but I know what you mean. I only can suggest to read the descriptions extremely carefully to ensure that the mod you choose is what you want AND doesn't conflict with other mods you have or is something you are interested in. Don't load up a bunch of mods all at once.

All of these are actually "mods" but I know what you mean. I only can suggest to read the descriptions extremely carefully to ensure that the mod you choose is what you want AND doesn't conflict with other mods you have or is something you are interested in. Don't load up a bunch of mods all at once.

Thank you for all the aid you've been giving me, I honestly appreciate it. I must admit though I do kind of feel a little bad that you've been doing this alone, sorry for that :confused: Wonder if I did anything wrong with my thread for that to occur. (I haven't forgot NidhoggValkyrian's comment but yeah). Is there anything I could do for you?