Creation Kit non-English install Papyrus settings

Hey guys,

I couldn't find if this has been addressed already in this forum, so here is a small tip I just discovered for non-English install of the SSE Creation Kit:

First time I tried to edit a script, the line was grayed out in CK, even though I had properly unpacked the zipped scripts folder - that's in Data\Scripts\Source, and NOT in Data\Source\Scripts as Bethesda suggested.

Trying to create a new script would also bring an error message pop-up - wrongly suggesting that the extension was not correct.

The issue actually came from my CreationKit.ini settings, which apparently does not auto-generate properly on some non-English versions (mine is French) the first time you launch the CK.

Comparing my ini files with Skyrim LE ones helped me find what was wrong.

If this happens to you, you need to edit your CreationKit.ini file, go to the very bottom of it, to the [Papyrus] section and add these 3 lines:

sScriptSourceFolder = "Data\Scripts\Source"
sScriptCompiledFolder = "Data\Scripts\"
sCompilerFolder = "Papyrus Compiler\"

Save it, and you're done. You should now be able to edit and compile your scripts properly as well as create new ones.

• 3 years later...
Thanks so much for this. I tried porting a mod of mine from Oldrim to SE but the quest I created would not start at all. After checking my esp I saw the scripts hadn't saved at all and the CK just would not compile them. After days of struggling and scouring online for a solution I stumbled upon this post, added those lines to my CreationKit.ini and it worked like a charm.I just reloaded a fresh esp of my mod from LE and saved it in the new SE Creation Kit and the scripts saved with it without issues. Edited by Jazrael