Where do you get Update.esm?

finndo77

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get update.esm through Steam, by choose "verify integrity of game cache" and allowing the latest 1.6 patch to download.

Yea tried that even removed it to allow it to download it again it still saying dirty and what newer Smash ive only seen main on an auto installer asking smash to update does little too it just tels me im up to date.

the error read as this after check for UDR's......

Detected 1 dirty mods:

• Update.esm:

• UDR: 1

• Skyrim.esm: 109CD2 - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 02FD85 'ForsakenCave02')

other than all suggestions and no ive tried useing the skyedit too wont allow me to touch the esm at all, quite a dellema if ya ask me so if someone would be so kind as to tell me why i do all you say or id think of considering ive been in this community longer than ill admit like say when we started the nexus, ive sifted and poured over all we have yet i came up dud bullets, any help would be apretiated ladybeattles and gentleworms. hazza!!!

• 1 month later...

I hate to reply to myself; however this is more of an update than trying to bump...

So I started messing around with dotnet on my system, and reinstalled 2/3/3.5 now the game loads again and is playable. still no update.esm however.

Somehow my dotnet install got corrupt and broke the game, hope that helps someone one day even though it was not the topic of this thread.

Still no update.esm file however. Nothing on the install DVD that says anything about updates either.

Sorry.. where do i exactly tick? Becouse i've got a mod that needs the update.esm and i cant tick it in the masters:( Thanks

The game requires steam to work. If you are not using steam, it will not work. If you buy a legal disk you still need to go through steam. Steam will automatically update you. If you are trying any other way to get updates, you are probably breaking copyright law, and on top of that, you will continue to have major problems to the point of not being able to play the game. Even if you have a legal disk.

The default launcher for Skyrim will not show master files that are required for the game to function, you need to use a third-party launcher like Wyre Bash or Nexus Mod Manager. The Skyrim.esm and Update.esm files should always be checked since they're required for the game to operate "properly."

If you're not using a third-party launcher, you can verify you have the Update.esm file by navigating to your steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data directory.

• 1 month later...

The default launcher for Skyrim will not show master files that are required for the game to function, you need to use a third-party launcher like Wyre Bash or Nexus Mod Manager. The Skyrim.esm and Update.esm files should always be checked since they're required for the game to operate "properly."

If you're not using a third-party launcher, you can verify you have the Update.esm file by navigating to your steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data directory.

The Skyrim game plays well on computer, all the cheats work every thing is fine, until I try to install a mod that requires the Update.esm which is nowhere to be found. I have re-install Skyrim and still no Update.esm file?

The Skyrim game plays well on computer, all the cheats work every thing is fine, until I try to install a mod that requires the Update.esm which is nowhere to be found. I have re-install Skyrim and still no Update.esm file?

Verify your game files through Steam (like it says in a couple other posts in this thread). It will download it.

• 1 year later...

Dude I'm going to spell it out for you real carefully,

You get Update.ESM from Steam by purchasing the game,

If you cannot get Update.ESM by varifing the cache then you have an illegal copy and that is a banable offense on Nexus.... The only other reason would be that somehow you got a hardcopy, which you then update to your steam account and then verify cache. I know of no hard copies.

Go verify your copy of your game now.

Come back and tell us how that works out.