[IMPORTANT] Load Order and You

wrinklyninja

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this is the eternal load order thread and so I admit that I have red the whole thing yet. Just a quick question though, in NMM, the order of plug-ins is loaded from top to bottom or bottom to top? Essentially, does top take priority, or bottom?

I guess this is the eternal load order thread and so I admit that I have not read the whole thing yet. Just a quick question though, in NMM, the order of plug-ins is loaded from top to bottom or bottom to top? Essentially, does top take priority, or bottom? Edited by Goffender

LOOT is not 100% perfect but it is much better than just using the order you download the mods. Read the description of the mods you install. Some will state a needed load order that LOOT will not know about or recognize.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Utilizing Skyrim vanilla, no Wrye bash or any other load order system.

Checking %localappdata%\Skyrim, I found plugins.txt, DLCLIST.txt, and SteamModList.txt, and NO loadorder.txt.

I wanted to know which one is correct so I renamed the %localappdata%\Skyrim folder to %localappdata%\Skyrim.org.

I then executed the Steam Skyrim and it STILL was downloading from an ordered list and RECREATING %localappdata%\Skyrim folder and RECREATING

plugins.txt (which is empty, no mod file listing).

So what in tarnation is going on?

Where is it really getting its list from?

Edited by Ashenfire