Westeros: Wardens of the North

starkchaser

Westeros: Wardens of the North

Explore Westeros in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, a mod inspired by the HBO show ‘Game of Thrones’ and the book series ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ by George R.R. Martin. Set two years before Robert’s Rebellion and eighteen years before the start of ASoIaF, this mod adds the region of Winterfell and the surround area, showing appearances from House Stark, House Forrester, House Whitehill, House Cerwyn and many more! Side with the Forresters or the Whitehills, help the Starks maintain their glory.

Background

The mod was first developed back when Skyrim was first released, but under the name of 'The Westeros Project': http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-westeros-project

But sadly the mod started to dissolve in 2012 due to it's over-ambitious scope. I found this project a couple of months ago and contacted the old lead-developer. He agreed to send me the files and I just began to work on it a week ago. Seeing how the old mod failed I decided to lower the scope of the project and just focus Winterfell and the surrounding area. Our team is relatively small so far, only consisting of a level designer(me), a modeler and a couple of writers.

Work so far

Modeling: So far we are working on making assets for Ironrath and then will focus on Winterfell. We intend to use a mix of our own assets, modder’s resources and Skyrim assets. Also maybe some assets from The Witcher 3.

Level-design: We are focusing on Wolfwood for landscaping and we haveb;t touched interiors yet.

Writing: We are currently defining the story and houses.

---- http://imgur.com/gallery/GROtz ----

Our plan

• Focus on making assets and landscaping regions one out of four regions at a time.
  • Make locations (Settlements, cities etc) assets and implement them. Start writing plotlines, characters, and quests.
  • Do a second pass of all of the landscape and locations, making improvements.
  • Make new assets for interiors and then begin to designing interiors, but no clutter yet. No NPCs or monsters should be made yet.
  • Implementation of plotlines, characters, and quests commences.
  • Voice acting begins recording. Bug fixing and QA begins.

Recruitment

We currently need...

• Level-designers (interiors)
  • Level-designers (exteriors)
  • 3D Modelers
  • Concept artists
  • Writers/Loremasters
  • Implementors
  • Composers
  • Sound Designer

Red = Currently needed more

Please contact us if you would like to help!

Edited by starkchaser

• 2 years later...