Keyboard issue - NOT overlay/gamepad related

Gothpunk4Christ

Ok, so here's the deal, I've been going back and forth between SSE and Old, keep having CTDs with SSE and can't bring myself to get rid of half my mods just to troubleshoot, so I went back to Old for a bit. Everything was great, and then randomly, no keyboard input. Well I disabled the steam overlay and it was fixed. So I played around some, missed all the pretty shinies of the SSE, went back to SSE and kept getting some random inn related CTDs (no inn altering mods, uninstalled followers set to spawn there, still no dice) and went back to Old.

Started to load up a new character, and no keyboard input.

• Ok, so shift+tab a couple times to clear the overlay and... still not working.
  • So I quit and turn off the overlay completely. Still no dice.
  • Changed the controller input setting to 0. Still no.
  • Unplugged and replugged my keyboard. Nope.
  • Opened up DXdiag (sometimes that randomly fixes input issues) and no.
  • Adjusted firewall settings (windows firewall) like some users reported, still nothing.
  • Deleted all INI related files. Nothing.
  • Ran game validation, found one file (as usual) and still nothing.
  • Alt+tab/shift+tab/shift+enter work without issue, but do not restore keyboard functionality in game. To further test, I even typed in the browser window in the steam overlay while in game and it all works.

So yeah. Shift+enter pulls up the ENB settings window... mouse always works without issue. Can't use the keyboard to move character in game or move sliders during character creation. Running out of ideas to try here. No controller connected (disabled in INI anyways) and works in SSE. If I had no CTD issues in SE then I'd just go back and stay there, but it's grinding my nerves and I just want to play. Oldrim is choppy and ugly but I can at least play, well at least if I could get the KB to work.

Ideas?

*EDIT* And somehow, a miraculous reboot seems to have fixed it.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

• 4 years later...