The Connor/Demon Choice

ebonmort

How did you handle the Connor/Demon storyline?

Did you just kill Connor in his room?

Did you kill the demon in The Fade?

Did you make the Faustian bargain with the demon?

If you did, what did you choose to take from the demon?

It depends on the Warden.

Only mage Wardens can bargain with or be rewarded by the desire demon. My Amell intimidated the demon into leaving and learned Blood Magic. (Esme Amell was an unnatural force of nature.) My Surana, on the other hand, fought the demon and defeated it. (No easy task, that... she was a spirit healer with little in the way of offensive magic at her disposal.)

My Tabris and Mahariel Wardens sent a surrogate into the Fade (Wynne in one case and Irving, IIRC, in the other) to defeat the demon.

And good ol' Moira Cousland had already annulled the Circle before ever setting foot in Redcliffe. So no mages to help at Kinloch Hold. Then she executed Jowan in his cell, eliminating the conveniently located blood mage. Wee Connor died, of course, though by his mother's hand, not Moira's. (Isolde pulling a murder knife out of her dress surprised even me!)

Will a character with a higher Cunning attribute get better prices from vendors? If not, how can I improve this? Shelling out 20 gold for Wade's Superior Drakeskin sux when I can't even get 5 gold back for them at retail.

a. This has nothing to do with the topic title.

b. No, Cunning does not effect prices.

c. You don't *have to* pay Wade for the armour, (and I haven't noticed that doing so makes a difference in how long it takes him to make it.)

d. *EVERYTHING* you buy from merchants sells for about a quarter of what you paid for it.

a)

b) I was afraid of that.

c) I didn't pay for the first set of armor, but HAD to pay for the second, if I wanted to complete the quest. I re-loaded and let the quest stay active. 15 gold is way too high a price to pay to complete a quest.

d) Just hoped there was a way to mitigate this a little.

Edited by ebonmort

The only reason to pay for either set of armour in the Drake Scale quest is to get the 'Superior' Dragon Scale set amour and a 'Superior', second set from Drakes scales.

The optimal, most economical progression is

1. pay 10 gold for the first set of 'ordinary' Drake Scale gear (3 drake scales, 10 gold)
  2. Get the Superior set crafted from the Dragon Scale
  3. get the second set of Drake Scale gear, it will also be a 'Superior' set (3 drake scales, no gold)
  4. Herren closes shop and won't trade with Warden any longer

But you can have all three sets crafted with no gold outlay, if the better grade gear isn't useful to you.

Edited by theskymoves

Makes sense.

I had no use for the armor. Thought it might help Leliana, but upon seeing it, it wasn't better than what she already had.

I'm a little obsessive about completing quests, and my Journal called this a quest.

I had the first set crafted at no outlay, and tried to do that on the second set. Must have missed something, because when I left Dialogue, 20 sovreigns (?) were deducted for the second set. Oh well. I re-loaded. No harm; no foul. Loving the game. An actual story with choices and consequences.

My Warden has just entered The Brecilian Forest. My Warden is an elf. No way he's going to side against the elves, just as there was no way he'd side with The Chantry at The Tower.

But, something tells me this Zathrian is rotten inside.

Onward... through the fog!

• 7 months later...

I bargained with lady demon but did not like her because of her elf comment while controlling the boy, as a human I could not have bargained with her in good faith at all. Perhaps why no human ''Noble'' ''openly'' mages, and I thank the game for that as I am a completionist. I try to RP to the hilt and see it as my character should.

Yet my dalish elf has no love for humans except those who prove themselves worthy, to him they are like Nazi's to jewish, the enemy of his people treating them like dogs and reminding him every conversation.

Anyway, Desire Demoness was rude and unseemly. Wanted to like her but could not...as I try to see into complex characters. One can hope she just said those things through Conor for shock value, much as a evil kid might, to gain energy and is actually indifferent to race of all non demons.

He is a grey warden and sly, read ''diplomatic'' so he dose what he must, Duncan was one of the only humans he respected and Morrigan as well."Ironically he liked the king too as did Duncan, dispite the idiocy, suppose its perspective and context''

He even liked Flemth until learned for plans for Morrigan. So, he did his duty to her grimly, but it was base treachery as she was a free mage, saved his life, gave Morrigan, keep the treaties safe...I owed her.

Flem was unfailingly polite, and showed good taste and hospitality, and I cant blame her for wanting to live, but I do for raising a daughter for that reason. Unless of course, it is in fact a misunderstanding.

I just cant see Flemy as evil. Darkspawn yes. Chantry yes, what they do to mages and even there Templar, yet I side with apostates. I don't blame blood mages for seeking freedom, morrigan was right...with the tranquil those guys are monsters, crazy cultist.

I should not have helped those so stupid, to suck up to there keepers and tormentors, but wynn means well, and is not bad, could not hurt her.

Shes a well meaning old lady, to shatter her views so late in life, it would be cruel and pointless. I would let her have her dreams and illusions that they may serve.