How to expand GNR-Tracklist?

kriegerseele

Vanilla-Fallout has three different versions for each radio track...one high-quality-stereo mp3 track, one low-quality mono mp3 track, and one worse quality mono wav file...which are represanting different distances in the game world...these files are missing in the mod.

I thought you wanted to put your own music on the GNR playlist. All of the files I put were simply place holders in the list. I actually have and can put the other 2 files into the mod, but they won't do anything since they are simply silent sound files.

One is Stereo mp3 44100Hz 195kbps

One is Mono mp3 44100Hz 96kbps

One is Mono wav 22050Hz

Essentially the way you add your own music to the GNR playlist is use the GECK to add new music files to the current playlist using whatever name you want. In the case of my mod I simply said add 20 new songs named Song01, Song02, Song03 and so on up to Song20. I could have picked any number such as only 5 songs or 33 songs or whatever number I wanted. I could have also named the songs anything I wanted. I could have named them music01 or mine01 or junk01 or whatever. The GECK and GNR does not care about the name used. GNR simply looks at the list of available song file names and plays one. There is a little system it uses to not play the same songs over and over.

Keep in mind that my mod was designed to allow the user to put his own songs in the playlist. The user could add one song or 20 songs or however many he wanted up to the 20. I only included the silent mp3 placeholders plus one open source song to show it worked. Then lets say you want to add the theme song from Skyrim to the GNR playlist. You simply format the SkyrimTheme.mp3 to the correct formats as I mentioned in my post above. You make sure you rename the new Skyrim theme mp3 or wav as Song01, or whatever naming convention you used, since GNR is looking for those specific name files. So now when the GNR playlist looks for and plays Song01.mp3 it will play the Skyrim Theme. Keep in mind you have to have all 20, or whatever number you designated in the GECK, music files in the directory, but all the rest of the 19 are silent mp3's and wav's if you used them. GNR will try to play them, but will simply play 1 second of silence you will not notice. Technically, to simply play songs on your Pipboy via GNR you only need the one mp3 and not the other mp3 and wav file version.