Once again - vampire dark face bug!

BlueGunk

I can see the rolling eyes. Yes: once again it is the Vampire Dark Brown Face Bug. :rolleyes:

Happily pottering through my game and I find Sybille Stentor has a deep brown fetching tan. Sadly the rest of her looks like a winter spent in Greenland.

I also discovered one or two others had this face bug.

Sadly it might be baked into my save.

I've tried to discover solutions to this (and there are many ideas) and I've tried different skin textures, generating Face Gen from Creation Kit for Sybille, etc. But I can't fix this.

A check in SSEdit shows no esp conflicting with the base files, so I concentrated on textures and meshes to no avail.

The only vampire-affecting mod I have is the Bijin All-in-One including Serana / Valerica. Serana looks fine.

Any ideas, most gratefully received. Otherwise I'll assume all vampires have had a sunny holiday in Costa Rica or somewhere like. :laugh:

Thank you!

It did happen to me before when I installed for example, Superb Serana and after that mod, I installed a texture mod ( don't remember which one it was ) ... so on my second play through, I installed Superb Serana the last ( after I was done installing all texture/graphics and body mods and problem was solved ....

... all my companion mods were installed the last and none of them are having a black face ... texture mods are screwing with faces so install them first and then companion/follower mods.

Thanks, sopmac45! I'll bear that in mind.

In the end, I scrapped my game where this was happening (the dialogue was so bugged out it was nearly unplayable). In putting together a new one I discovered the cause of the problem: of all things, Joy of Perspective. I'd converted the additional Oldrim " The Joy Of Perspective - Body Mod Compatibility Patch " to SSE and discovered that this caused my dark face bug only when I placed it after JoP. If I placed it before JoP - no black face bug.

Problem solved!

• 9 months later...

Thanks, sopmac45! I'll bear that in mind.

In the end, I scrapped my game where this was happening (the dialogue was so bugged out it was nearly unplayable). In putting together a new one I discovered the cause of the problem: of all things, Joy of Perspective. I'd converted the additional Oldrim " The Joy Of Perspective - Body Mod Compatibility Patch " to SSE and discovered that this caused my dark face bug only when I placed it after JoP. If I placed it before JoP - no black face bug.

Problem solved!

how do you figure it is Joy of Perspective causing the black face bug? I am experiencing black face bug with vampire and a few NPCs (such as carriage drivers, but not all of them). I am looking into vampire right now, and making sure they all have their respective texture files. But the black faces are still there. I am playing on Skyrim SE, so my glitch is not necessarily similar to yours, nor solution is the same. But at least I would love to know how to you determine what mod is causing it.

I only know to check texture files to make sure they are all there, and play with the load order. My last vampire black face was caused by missing femaleheadvampire_sk.dds and was fixed by copying regualr femalehead_sk.dds over. But now, even with that file intact, black face on vampire still persists.