Origins: Huge FPS drops at specific moments in dialogue

yaboyhisoka

I am 100% certain that this has nothing to do with overheating and 99% certain that it isnt related to RAM. During very specific moments of the same cutscenes, regardless of how long I have been playing or when I last rebooted, my fps drops to an unplayable crawl. I have made it through a few conversations in which this happens, usually because it doesnt happen until near the end. But I have been unable to recruit Leliana as a result. During the conversation that starts after the fight in the bar you find her in, my fps is fine until I get the dialogue option to respond to her. I can talk to the commander of Loghain's soldiers just fine (well, the first time this happened I couldn't, I think), but every time I get those specific dialogue options, I'm screwed.

The only mods that I suspect could have anything to do with this is Improved Atmosphere. I also have

Grey Wardens of Ferelden (IA version)

Morrigan Restored

Skip the Fade

Extra Dog Slot

Qunari update

Kossith add on

Sten of the Beresaad

Warden Trading Post

The only other mods I have are ones that affect character creation and eye texture. I doubt it is anything but IA since the only one that has anything to do with dialogue is the Morrigan one. And I have experienced these issues without Morrigan being around, like in my origin.

However, I'm not even sure it has anything to do with IA since I saw someone with the same problem on an EA forum (they also had it with the Leliana conversation) who did not have IA installed (thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-Age-Origins-Severe-Conversation-Lag/td-p/906024).

I have also tried turning off windows defender's real time detection (I'm on Windows 10 btw) and playing in windowed mode. So yeah, I'm basically at a loss. Working on reinstalling the game now (without IA) but I'm hoping that wont be necessary.

Edited by yaboyhisoka

I was experiencing this issue of frame drops during dialog at the beginning of the game. I moved my mods to a new folder out of the override and repaired the game via the Origin game client. After the game repaired I reinstalled all of the same mods and it worked great, but now the issue is back during the Landsmeet. The dialog frame drops so low that the game practically locks up. I personally do not have any of the mods you mentioned above, but I do have the Dragon Age Redesigned mod as well as misc. CC mods. Short of completely reinstalling the game and starting back from scratch I'm hoping someone out here has some ideas as to how to fix the issue or an idea of what may be causing the frame drops.

Temporarily re-name your "\override" folder.

Try again ("Force Load")

Report what happens.

(Isolating whether problem is mod-related or not.)

Thanks Thandal! I gave that a shot, but still the Landsmeet dialog drops to near freezing.. good news is.. not mod related.. lol Bad news.. I may have to uninstall/reinstall the game and mods.. Ugh. Time consuming lol