download speed slow download

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 11,177 posts

This is still an issue three years later. Nexus Mods are still slower than molasses to download anything. Seriously, on Chrome it's so slow that it keeps timing out or a question mark appears on my download page. Then it says 6 hours, to download a 60 MB file? Really 6 hours. It's a joke. Also, I found that disabling adblocker doesn't work. It's still really slow. It seems the only way to speed them up is to cough up and pay them. Although judging by how badly they treat the free users, I'm reluctant to pay them anything.

First of all, this isn't a NMM issue but a problem with the Nexus servers. If your 'issue' with download speeds persists, post about it in the correct forum and admins will tell you about the how and why, instead of digging-up an old thread that isn't directly connected to what you're going through, because, this is not "still an issue" as if downloads have been slow over the past three years.  It's just your 'luck' that you try a download in a moment the servers are overloaded.  Bummer, eh.

alphaceti

alphaceti

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

This is still an issue three years later. Nexus Mods are still slower than molasses to download anything. Seriously, on Chrome it's so slow that it keeps timing out or a question mark appears on my download page. Then it says 6 hours, to download a 60 MB file? Really 6 hours. It's a joke. Also, I found that disabling adblocker doesn't work. It's still really slow. It seems the only way to speed them up is to cough up and pay them. Although judging by how badly they treat the free users, I'm reluctant to pay them anything.

First of all, this isn't a NMM issue but a problem with the Nexus servers. If your 'issue' with download speeds persists, post about it in the correct forum and admins will tell you about the how and why, instead of digging-up an old thread that isn't directly connected to what you're going through, because, this is not "still an issue" as if downloads have been slow over the past three years.  It's just your 'luck' that you try a download in a moment the servers are overloaded.  Bummer, eh.

who cares if its an old thread and stop being a smart A**. If this thread gets the problem fixed then who the heck cares!!!!!!!!!

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,369 posts

who cares if its an old thread and stop being a smart A**. If this thread gets the problem fixed then who the heck cares!!!!!!!!!

Well that's just the thing, this thread WON'T get the problem fixed. For that, it needs to be in the proper forum, where staff will actually take an interest, and assist in identifying the actual problem.

I see that you are new here, so, I suggest that you brush up on your forum etiquette..... as you are failing miserably.

JazziehBoo

JazziehBoo

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

This site is f***ing ass. 7hrs for a download that is just 1gb f***ing idiots

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,369 posts

This site is f***ing ass. 7hrs for a download that is just 1gb f***ing idiots

And I will suggest the same thing to you. Go here, do what it says.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download speed, slow download

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.133 seconds