SkylightUI (SkyUI) interface for Skyrim SE

scramjetbooster

Recently, I stumble upon a Russian gaming site that's been working on an "improved" SkyUI for SE. By "improved" I mean they did better than most of us have been doing to get SkyUI 2.2 oldrim work with Special Edition. Colored icons, as well as new icon style that's been used in recent version of oldrim SkyUI, working favorites menu, and so on. Thought I might share it with you guys.

I don't know if I'm allowed to upload it to Nexus, so here is the download page: http://gamer-mods.ru/load/skyrim_se/interfejs/skylightui/154-1-0-5664

If you can't download from that site, get it from GitHub: https://github.com/rustequal/SkylightUI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TRANSLATED DESCRIPTION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author: SkyUI team / rustequal
Version: 2.1
Language: Russian / English

Description:
SkylightUI is a modified SkyUI mod for Skyrim SE. The focus was on compatibility with later versions of SkyUI without using SKSE. This mod is transparent for the game and does not disable the mechanism for obtaining achievements (achivings).

If to compare with SkyUI 2.2 , then in this fashion:

• - Fixed bugs in the mode without SKSE. In particular, the bug with displaying categories in container mode is fixed.
  • - Added a menu "Give / Take" (Gift menu).
  • - Added favorite menu.
  • - Added detailed color icons of objects and spells (as in the latest versions of SkyUI).
  • - Added field "TYPE", reflecting the subtypes of things.
  • - Redesigned interface in the style of the latest versions of SkyUI (fonts, colors, icons).
  • - Changed the calculation of numeric fields to the nearest hundredth for compatibility with later versions of SkyUI.
  • - Changed control keys for compatibility with later versions of SkyUI (in container mode, the "E" key - store).
  • - Improved page of screams in the magic menu. Now, as in later versions of SkyUI, the color of closed words is gray, open - white.
  • - Added support for UltraWide monitors (21: 9).

In fact, this is a workable version of SkyUI for Skyrim SE with some limitations.

Hints on the functional
- In order to sort the table by a specific field, click on the name of this field in the header.
- In order to see the "TYPE" field on the "WEAPON" page when using the Large font profile, click 3 times on the "RED" field.
- In order to see the "TYPE" field on the "CLOTHES" page when using the Large font profile, click 3 times on the "DIRECTIONS" field.
- In order to see the "C / V" field (price-to-weight ratio) click 3 times on the "PRICE" field.
- If you get tired eyes, put the large font profile "Large" (you need to reinstall the mod). The big font looks great. Large font will be in the inventory and in the favorites menu.
- You can assign shortcut keys to items in the favorites menu. This is done by pressing the keys from "1" to "8" when you move the cursor over an object.
- A three-dimensional preview of the item in the inventory menu is interactive. The object can be twisted and approximated with a mouse and its wheel.

The list of changes:
version 1.2
- The installation script error was fixed, because of which superfluous files were copied.
- Corrected alignment of the "Price" field of the ItemCard element.

Version 1.3
- Fixed a bug that caused the departures from the magic menu when using the "Passive racial abilities (SE)" modusand its like (thanks to Alecs_Z for testing).
- Added INI-files for screen resolutions: 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1360x768, 1600x1024, 1600x1200, 2560x1600.
- In the version of the mod for UltraWide-monitors, a menu for reading books (bookmenu) has been added.

Version 1.4
- Fixed error of sorting the "Skill Level" field in the magic menu.
- Fixed error of aligning the "Reload" field in the ItemCard element.
- Improved page of screams in the magic menu. Now, as in later versions of SkyUI, the color of closed words is gray, open - white.
- Added INI-files for screen resolutions: 3440x1440, 3840x1600, 3840x2160 (thanks to DARTH --- ALEXIEL for testing).

Version 1.5
- Fixed bug of displaying spell icons in the magic menu.
- Created stylized spell icons for the "Celtic" set.
- Fixed errors of potions icons of the "Straight" set.
- An algorithm for calculating subtypes of things by name and key words from conf. File "skyui_typemap.txt".
- Created sets of keywords in the conf. File "skyui_typemap.txt" to calculate the subtypes of things.
- Fixed error displaying icons of subtypes of weapons, potions and items from the "Miscellaneous" section.

Version 2.0
- Added support for detailed color icons for things and spells according to subtypes calculated by keywords.
- Added the "TYPE" field in the inventory menu (available for "Normal" and "Small" font configurations)
- The "Psychosteve" icon set for things and spells is now taken as the basis (much like in the latest versions of SkyUI).
- Redesigned interface in the style of the latest versions of SkyUI (font, line spacing, anti-aliasing, colors, button icons).
- Optimized the code to speed up the performance (noticeably when using chests and boxes with a lot of things in it).
- Added favorite menu.
- For the favorites menu added the ability to configure the font style, the size of icons through conf. File "skyui_cfg_fav.txt".
- Font and icon profiles for the favorites menu have been created to match the existing font profiles "Large", "Normal" and "Small".
- In this version, support for detailed icons and subtypes of things and spells is available only for the Russian language.

Version 2.1
- On the page of active effects the notations of days, hours, minutes and seconds are translated into Russian.
- Fixed errors displaying icons for some potions, items of the category "MISCELLANEOUS" (Kameni Barenzii etc).
- Added column "TYPE" for the profile of "Large" fonts (see section "Hints on the functional")
- Changed the alignment of the fields for optimal display of data. Now most of the fields have an alignment from the right side (the same as in the latest versions of SkyUI).
- Boots now belong to the subtype "Legs" in the same way as in the latest versions of SkyUI.
- Fixed a bug of the frame frequency of the magic menu, because of which the menu appeared with a delay.
- The work of the mod is optimized and accelerated. The speed increase when opening the menu is ~ 20% average.
- Added full support for English.

Requirements:
Skyrim Special Edition 1.4.2.0.8 and higher

Installation via "Nexus Mod Manager":
1. Install the mod via "Nexus Mod Manager". During the installation you need to select the monitor type, font size and icon set.
2. Find the game folder "Skyrim Special Edition \ Data \ Interface \ skyui \ INI \". Next, go to the folder that corresponds to your screen resolution. Copy the text from the file "SkyrimCustom.ini" and paste into your file "SkyrimCustom.ini" located in the folder "My Documents \ My Games \ Skyrim Special Edition \". If you do not have such a file, you can simply copy it. This step is necessary in order to correctly display the preview animation of the inventory.

Manual installation
1. Find the "Data /" folder of your Skyrim SE installation. Usually it is here - "Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Skyrim Special Edition".
2. Unzip the mod file.
3. Copy the folder "00_MAIN_FILES \ standard \ Interface" or "00_MAIN_FILES \ ultrawide \ Interface" (depending on your monitor type) from the archive files to the "Data /" folder of the game.
4. Locate the font folder "01_FONT_CONFIGS" in your archive files. Select the desired font folder (Large, Normal, Small). Copy the "Interface" folder from the font folder to the "Data /" folder of the game.
5. Locate the icon sets folder "03_ICON_SETS" in your archive files. Choose a set of icons (Celtic, Curved, Psychosteves, Straight). Copy the folder "Interface" from the icon set folder to "Data/" folder of Skyrim SE.

6. Copy (update if exist) "SkyrimCustom.ini" file from folder "Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Interface\skyui\INI<Your screen resolution>" to folder "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition". This step is required for the correct position of preview pane on the screen.

Uninstall via "Nexus Mod Manager":
Delete or deactivate the mod via Nexus Mod Manager.

Delete manually
Delete files from the "Data /" folder that were installed by the manual installation procedure.

Problems and solutions:

- Why is the preview animation of the inventory displayed incorrectly?

See step 2 of the installation procedure via "Nexus Mod Manager".

- I have an UltraWide-monitor. Do I need to add interface fixes for UltraWide monitors?

No no need. It's enough to put the SkylightUI mod and install an UltraWide monitor during the installation process. The entire interface should be in order.

- I have an UltraWide-monitor. How can I set the desired screen resolution?

You need to find the folder "My Documents \ My Games \ Skyrim Special Edition" and in the "[Display]" section of the file "SkyrimPrefs.ini" add / change lines:

• BBorderless = 1
  • BFull Screen = 1
  • ISize H = 1080
  • ISize W = 2560

Or instead of 2560x1080 specify the screen resolution you need.

"I enchanted the weapon and gave it a unique name." After that, its icon is displayed incorrectly.

Icons of subtypes of things are calculated by name and keywords from the file "skyui_typemap_russian.txt". It is located in the game folder "Skyrim Special Edition \ Data \ Interface \ skyui \". If the icon of your new weapon is not displayed correctly, you need to add its name to the file "skyui_typemap_russian.txt". Icons of all vanilla weapons in the game should be displayed correctly. The problem can only be with new unique names.

- I do not see detailed icons of things.

Perhaps you have a set of strings "strings" for the encoding "Win1251". Usually these sets of strings help to see the Russian letters in the "Skyrim Creation Kit". In order for the display of detailed icons in the "SkylightUI" interface to work, you need to delete the strings "strings" in the "Win1251" encoding.

Thank you
very much to the whole SkyUI team : snakster, T3T, Mardoxx and others. Thanks to GreatClone and psychosteve for the icon sets.

Screenies:

http://gamer-mods.ru/_ld/56/94692351.jpg

http://gamer-mods.ru/_ld/56/46001618.jpghttp://gamer-mods.ru/_ld/56/83093331.jpg

Edited by scramjetbooster

I also tried to try but for some reason it didint do nothing?? And something i'm wondering is that when i installed it to Nexus Mod Manager there didint come any plugins to the plugins tab??

Confused

Okay tried a bit and its SWEET, seems maybe lacking some properties?? Like was there supposed to be some kind of support for campfire and frostfall?? Atleast in the Vanilla Skyrim i have understood that SkyUI has?? Frostfall and campfire are just the same as always with this Mod.

Maybe they havent got there yet, with this one?

But anyway i recommend this, It looks Sweet and btw yes the crafting menu hasnt been added yet its just vanilla.

I didn't really catch what you were trying to say.

This mod is really great, but seeing that the github project is down - it probably didn't have the permission from the SkyUI team (They're no longer active so it may be hard to check if they had it or not) (Schlangster still visits nexus though).

Edited by FeelThePoveR

Yeah, I'm thinking they weren't given permission from the SkyUI team. I thought this was a beta release.. Hmmm. I guess not. Crappy! It seems it's been taken down on github.