SkylightUI (SkyUI) interface for Skyrim SE

scramjetbooster

- I do not see detailed icons of things.

Perhaps you have a set of strings "strings" for the encoding "Win1251". Usually these sets of strings help to see the Russian letters in the "Skyrim Creation Kit". In order for the display of detailed icons in the "SkylightUI" interface to work, you need to delete the strings "strings" in the "Win1251" encoding.

Yes I have thi issue.

But I have not figured out how to fix it!

Perhaps you have a set of strings "strings" for the encoding "Win1251". Usually these sets of strings help to see the Russian letters in the "Skyrim Creation Kit". In order for the display of detailed icons in the "SkylightUI" interface to work, you need to delete the strings "strings" in the "Win1251" encoding.

Yes I have thi issue.

Are you using a non-English language in the game?

Yes I have thi issue.

Yes, I'm using italian language. May be it works only in english language?

Yes I have thi issue.

Yes, I'm using italian language. May be it works only in english language?

Yes, I think that's the problem. Only English and Russian.

As I can see, there are significantly fewer tags in skyui_typemap_italian.txt than in english and russian files and as I understand that file commit icons to items. So may be that's the reason.

Yes, that is the problem.

skyui_typemap_.... have different structure from russian/english to others languages:

detailed in russian/english, $Subtype_ in other languages.

I changed the language in english, and all works fine.

I changed again the language in italian and replaced the content of the files skyui_translate_italian.txt and skyui_typemap_italian.txt with the english content, bat only items in english language, from mods not localized, works fine. The all other items, from valilla game, have icons and "type" generic, not detailed.

Some additional kind suggestion for me? :sad:
Thanks in any case for the answers provided! :laugh:

Just wondering... why you want your native language in the games or movies or... since you already know quite good English?

Just wrote a thought of mine, that's all.

(I'm Greek and I hate translations to Greek - most of them are rubbish. Since I know very good English and there are subtitles available too, why to mess up with languages? Even my iPhone or my Win in my PC or whatever, are always in English, never in Greek)

The problem with english(and this is quite evident in say, Finnish) is, you can't always have a direct translation. It's just easier in your native tongue as you know the full meaning, without having to make 'short cuts' with english and not sure if the meaning is right.

(I'm Greek and I hate translations to Greek - most of them are rubbish. Since I know very good English and there are subtitles available too, why to mess up with languages? Even my iPhone or my Win in my PC or whatever, are always in English, never in Greek)

There's also that too. Localized translations not possibly done by native speakers. Not to knock on linguists but IMO if you want to learn a language, you gotta learn from the best and that's a native speaker.

You don't really know someone's situation either. With enough use of english, it becomes dominate and you start forgetting your native tongue(language degradation, which can happen if said language is not used enough.), maybe some Poles, for example don't talk/get out much and their only source of polish is Skyrim, TV, family, etc.

Err, yeah you get my point: There doesn't need to be 'too much' english.

Edited by Lisselli

• 1 month later...