Japan battles population decline with robots

gandalftw

Oops sorry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

All i'm referring to is the coming age of artificial intelligence not this Henny Penny attitude that the sky is falling.When a social change is required people will respond,eventually if they are bright enough,it's as simple as that.If they are not bright enough then i applaud their decline.If you really want to worry, worry about what pumkinhead is doing to our country.Worry about the abject reversal of our progressive morality.

EDIT:Ok,after reading up on this declining population matter i do find it quite interesting.While the world population balloons Japan's population declines. Appears Japan is going through many social changes as well,for instance getting used to their growing immigrant population and their growing elderly population.Japan go have babies!!!

In my area of the US we had to get used to a growing immigrant population too.I was taken aback when my favorite liqueur store was bought out by eastern Indians but now i enjoy spending a little extra time there chatting about this and that,hating on Trump,hehe,that sort of thing...My favorite neighborhood grocery is now owned by Colombians,extremely wonderful people that make an amazing chorizo,oh my Zeus so very tasty.We also hate on Trump BTW....Lovely young ladies there at checkout causing me to shop more than i need to,girlfriend is starting to get wise,that's not good :rolleyes: .

Anyway little brother, leave me the hell alone. :tongue:

Edited by gandalftw

Their problem is declining population. Robots are a stop-gap measure, that will only put off the inevitable. Unless something changes, the Japanese empire will cease to exist. A nation full of robots? Yeah, that'll go over well.

You are without a doubt a dooms day person.Cease to exist,hehe,that's ridiculous.At the time all countries are experiencing a similar decline but like any other impact of this sort it calls for social change and will right itself in time.You young fellows are so silly.The sky is falling!!!

Developed countries are experiencing a decline. The third world nations populations are still booming.....

Their problem is declining population. Robots are a stop-gap measure, that will only put off the inevitable. Unless something changes, the Japanese empire will cease to exist. A nation full of robots? Yeah, that'll go over well.

You are without a doubt a dooms day person.Cease to exist,hehe,that's ridiculous.At the time all countries are experiencing a similar decline but like any other impact of this sort it calls for social change and will right itself in time.You young fellows are so silly.The sky is falling!!!

Developed countries are experiencing a decline. The third world nations populations are still booming.....

Yeah,i get ya now,wonder where that may be taking us/the world?

I think a nation full of androids would be cool,i'd be tempted to immigrate.;)

Yeah,i get ya now,wonder where that may be taking us/the world?

I think a nation full of androids would be cool,i'd be tempted to immigrate. :wink:

I suspect it isn't a good place. :)

We need to get started on the "Equal Rights For Created Lifeforms" movement.

I suspect it isn't a good place. :smile:

I'm not so sure,i used to think,until this Trump era arose,that the world was on a course of ever increasing enlightenment,moving toward a future of reason,of social healing.I know that's a lot of hippie crap but that's what i used to think.

As AI becomes more sophisticated and acquires a body that is part computer and part biological there very well may be a cyborg revolution but they wouldn't protest for equal rights they'd f*#@ing demand it.;)

I'm not so sure,i used to think,until this Trump era arose,that the world was on a course of ever increasing enlightenment,moving toward a future of reason,of social healing.I know that's a lot of hippie crap but that's what i used to think.

As AI becomes more sophisticated and acquires a body that is part computer and part biological there very well may be a cyborg revolution but they wouldn't protest for equal rights they'd f***ing demand it. :wink:

Nah, I think you were kidding yourself. Humans are no more enlightened now, than when we climbed down out of the trees. All the same issues still exist, we are just getting better at pretending they don't.

As AI becomes more sophisticated and acquires a body that is part computer and part biological there very well may be a cyborg revolution but they wouldn't protest for equal rights they'd f***ing demand it. :wink:

Nah, I think you were kidding yourself. Humans are no more enlightened now, than when we climbed down out of the trees. All the same issues still exist, we are just getting better at pretending they don't.

I'm guessing you're a left brain dominant so yeah you're making perfect sense so far.

I'm guessing you're a left brain dominant so yeah you're making perfect sense so far.

Actually, I am left-handed, which implies I am right-brain dominant. Not that I see how that has anything to do with it at all.....

Left or right handedness doesn't determine if you are a right or left brain dominate thinker but i'm not interested in going into it,i'm going to go make a ham sandwich because my brain tells me i'm hungry.:p

Left or right handedness doesn't determine if you are a right or left brain dominate thinker but i'm not interested in going into it,i'm going to go make a ham sandwich because my brain tells me i'm hungry. :tongue:

With Swiss cheese, and a bit of mustard. :)