⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[LE] [Papyrus Help] Obtaining forms from another script

I feel there is an easier way of doing that without so much "nested" function calling. But... no one is going to listen to me so..

All recommendations are welcome Lisselli! The reason it is structured this way is because I wanted to make a collection of Global functions that I could use for my project, instead of writing a script for every object and using a local version of the function and having to set the properties for each object the script is attached to.

If you want to know specifically what I am trying to accomplish, imagine this. I wanted to use a script-based menu system to introduce a different way to craft (outside of Skyrim's default crafting).

Since there is no event to capture after crafting an item, I cannot have my own experience and level system, so that is why scripting was brought into the mix. Creating a library of functions will allow me to write a function once in a modular fashion, then use it in many contexts.

This would cut down on the amount of scripting that would need to be done in the future as well as make it easy to manage (If I have a function used in many places, then need to update it, I only need to update it in one place instead of every script it is used.)

Did you have another way of doing it?

Not sure how I fixed it, but when I started testing for NONE along the entire property's trip from Script A to Script C, I suddenly got it to work. I am not sure why tbh. So in the event someone is curious, the OP with the code will work regardless of the trouble I seemed to have with it at the beginning. I wish I had a better answer like "Oh, I forgot to cast it to a miscobject" but I was very thorough during my construction of this process. The fact I don't have the answer is going to piss me off for a while though!

Take care and thank you for your interests.