Strange Issue: Modded SKSE opens Vanilla

Huskerman84

Looking for some help as I have a strange issue. In the past, I have had no trouble modding Skyrim. I recently had Skyrim installed and modded on my C drive. I had some issues which removed some programs so I took the time to go back through and reinstall Skyrim and mods. But, upon starting Skyrim, mods would not load. I would run SKSE through Mod Organizer, game would load, but no mods. So I did some research and saw that I should move it from the default Steam program files location elsewhere. So I uninstalled and reinstalled on my D drive. I installed MO on my D drive in the Skyrim folder. Again, download and install all my needed mods, and again, loads fine, no mods. However, this time I noticed that even though there are not mods, I still have the Mod Configuration option in the game settings, but it is empty. So, to test further, I completely delete everything and start fresh, and install on D drive but only install a couple mods. Mainly SkyUI and Alternate Start. And still, everytime I do a new game, alternate start does not kick off, and I get the vanilla opening. But the MCM is still in the settings and blank still. I am at a loss. I gave all my folders, even drives permission to everyone, thinking it might be permissions issues. Still opens to vanilla(ish) Skyrim.
Long winded but does anyone have any ideas for me? My next step is to rebuild my PC entirely, which I don't look forward to.

**EDIT** I thought I would ditch Mod Organizer and try NMM instead. And to add further confusion, it worked just fine. So I guess I will use NMM instead for now.

Edited by Huskerman84