How do you manually edit your mod load order?

EmmaRebecca97

This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question but I'm new to modding and have no idea. I need to move one of my mods for SE in the load order because where it is is causing issues but I don't know how to manually move mods??? I currently use LOOT but honestly don't really know how to use the application and the 'manuals' online don't really help very much.

• 6 months later...

How about without NMM or in-game? Skyrim keeps crashing (in ucrtbase.dll according to Windows app error log) on me now after executing any game exe (normal, loader, SKSE) after I logged into bethesda.net from in-game "mod" menu and enabled 3 mods: SKSE, saddlebags, and SkyUI. I don't remember the order but I didn't change it from the default and can't get back into the game to change/disable the mods! How to do it manually? I lookd in skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini but no luck.

Got the game to work by moving all mod files out of "data" folder and into "mods" folder (where they were no longer recognized by the game as mods, oddly). Game loaded fine so I put back horse saddlebags and game loaded but could not access horse inventory or even use my horse (without mod too). :/

Edited by Eep²

How about without NMM or in-game? Skyrim keeps crashing (in ucrtbase.dll according to Windows app error log) on me now after executing any game exe (normal, loader, SKSE) after I logged into bethesda.net from in-game "mod" menu and enabled 3 mods: SKSE, saddlebags, and SkyUI. I don't remember the order but I didn't change it from the default and can't get back into the game to change/disable the mods! How to do it manually? I lookd in skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini but no luck.

Beth.nets system is stupid... But you can do it on the website by going to your mods list and ingame in said mod list. In the case of those 3 mods your load order is not the issue if that is all you have installed.

(note: this goes for console users and pc users of SSE and FO4)

• 10 months later...

Load Order "can" be changed in the Mod > Load Order setting in the main menu of the game. But it's a Bear. lol.

I forget exactly how to do it, i finally hit the right keys once to do it, but I can't remember which keys.

Like the person mentioned above, I use NMM. load order is easily changed in the Plugins tab.

c0AX

--------------------------------------------------------

How about without NMM or in-game? Skyrim keeps crashing (in ucrtbase.dll according to Windows app error log) on me now after executing any game exe (normal, loader, SKSE) <snip>

Sounds like you need to go to a windows forum with that question. I just googled that dll and it causes all kinds of stuff to crash when it's corrupted..

Edited by c0ax599