Lighting/Texture errors in Nifskope

jkruse05

Currently working on a set of meshes recreating the alchemy tools from Oblivion, for a friend's herbalism mod. I have things generally working, but ran into this 79299-1501711921.jpg

I have no idea what is causing those texture errors. The normals are facing the right way, I have edge-split applied to smooth things out, and it is properly unwrapped. It is not showing properly in the CK right now, but I think that's just an issue with texture compression format that I seem to get with every single model I make.

Any ideas about fixing those faces would be more than welcome, I'll figure out the textures eventually, unless someone can tell me EXACTLY what compression to use in GIMP's .dds plugin for each texture layer.

use dxt3 or dxt5 or bc3 (because of alpha-channel support) + mipmaps 1, also add some.bgsm or use material of some vanilla object.

btw, if u'l convert n_map with dxt1 - it will get "oily" effect and this bottle will bleak like hell )

• 2 years later...

use dxt3 or dxt5 or bc3 (because of alpha-channel support) + mipmaps 1, also add some.bgsm or use material of some vanilla object.

btw, if u'l convert n_map with dxt1 - it will get "oily" effect and this bottle will bleak like hell )

what does any of that mean. my weapon in game has it texture but for some dumb reason i go near a light sort and it goes wild