Creation Kit NPC Facial Textures Help

LieutenantHawk

The ctrl+f4 isn't working for me either if the file isn't esm (for newly created npc's)

anyway, is there any way to make our created npc use different body texture from the rest of npc's (& player)?

Everyone belonging to the same race share the same body meshes and textures. So, if you want an actor to have a unique body texture, you need to make a new race for it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have your .esm loaded in the CK, click the entry line of the actor you want to fix. Make sure the line turns blue (grey won't do it), but also that the entire line is blue, and not just the editor ID part. Then press ctrl + F4. That's how it should work. If it doesn't, something is wrong with your CK since it isn't responding to commands properly.

It seems I had the actor selected from the *ALL menu and not the *ACTOR menu. While you can edit actors just as well that way, it seems the creation-kit does not allow CTRL+F4 when selecting something from the *ALL menu. Silly mistake on Bethesda's side I imagine. :)

The ctrl+f4 isn't working for me either if the file isn't esm (for newly created npc's)

anyway, is there any way to make our created npc use different body texture from the rest of npc's (& player)?

Everyone belonging to the same race share the same body meshes and textures. So, if you want an actor to have a unique body texture, you need to make a new race for it.

I have tried to change the textures of 1 race but with no success, can u give me a path example for 1 race texture/mesh?

Edited by sanwyrth

You look under Items>Armor Addon. The Dark Elf race is made up of NakedTorsoDarkElf, NakedFeetDarkElf, etc. If you look in one of these entries, you can easily see how you attach meshes and textures to the body parts.

That's what I did the 1st time, but I failed to find the path with the FO3Archive.

Probably coz i am using the FS mob which changes the NPC's to use the same textures and meshes, or i guess.

Edited by sanwyrth

One thing I am not understanding from this thread is what form the mod takes at the end. I want to have a mod with an .esp. A mod with just an .esm isn't going to work because it edits content in the Tamriel worldspace (Content in Skyrim.esm) and we all know what kind of problems that causes. So when you are done exporting face data from your new .esm, do you change it back to an .esp? Can the .esp still access the exported files? Or are you saying that you have some sort of a dual set-up where you use both an .esp and an .esm and you modclean all the harmful content out of the .esm (which is not allowed to edit an exterior worldspace in another .esm.)

A small question (a bit out of discution) : How to convert ESM to ESP? TESVnip doesn't seems to do the job

Just load the .esm in TESnip, open the TES4 record and un-tick the .esm box, save that window, then just save the whole thing as an .esp instead of an .esm.

One thing I am not understanding from this thread is what form the mod takes at the end. I want to have a mod with an .esp. A mod with just an .esm isn't going to work because it edits content in the Tamriel worldspace (Content in Skyrim.esm) and we all know what kind of problems that causes. So when you are done exporting face data from your new .esm, do you change it back to an .esp? Can the .esp still access the exported files? Or are you saying that you have some sort of a dual set-up where you use both an .esp and an .esm and you modclean all the harmful content out of the .esm (which is not allowed to edit an exterior worldspace in another .esm.)

For this workaround to work, it has to be an .esm. If the actors are loaded from an .esp, it won't work even if you have the exported meshes. At least, I haven't gotten it to work. The whole mismatch problem is a bug Beth has confirmed they are working on, so this should in no way be seen as a fix. Instead it's a crude workaround for those who are a bit impatient with the fact that most of Beth's time seems to be spent on the whole Steam Workshop thing, instead of issues with the CK and the game.