Is there a way to skip boss fight on Rannoch?

DrCrowTWeirdAl

Hey this may seem like a strange question, but because he had the first two games I got my dad Mass Effect 3 for his birthday and any way he has been trying for months but without my doing it for him he can not beat the boss battle on Rannoch against the Reaper. I don't know if it's because he is older and his joints are getting stiff or what, but he can't do it so he just gives up on the game at that point.

Any way I know this is a long shot but I have tried google and it didn't help, but if anyone here knows of a mod or a code that would allow him to skip this boss fight I know we both would be grateful. Oh, and I think it goes without saying that he is using the PC version.

Any way thank you for your time.

I don't know of a code or anything but I also had trouble with that fight on pc (no problems on xbox though) and here is what I would suggest.

One as rubydorje said lower the difficulty to the easiest setting which is 'narrative',

If at all possible get a controller, doesn't matter what kind, just about any kind will work and you can probably borrow one for this fight. Even if not used to a controller, this fight was designed by someone using a thumb stick to move, and it is much easier that way.

The biggest thing to remember about this is that it's really about timing. You don't have to move constantly. In fact the targeting is faster if you aren't moving and trying to target and move will slow you down. Also keep in mind, the gun only targets when the destroyer is firing the laser. Once the destroyer starts the laser it goes straight up, and it will finish its track even if you are on the other side. So get to one side stay there until it shoots then either roll or run out of range. Then while not moving and it is still firing, target it. If it recovers before you're done targeting, stop and repeat. The targeting will not start over but continue from where you stopped.

I hope that helps.

Great amount of info Kajana... the use of a Controller is brilliant idea, it was normal to me, anyhow there isn't much to add, just has come to my mind that if moved back to the wall there is lot more room to move between sides, although if aimed at the target and moved that way once the reaper fires - what beam actually has a pattern thus easy to guess - then can just jump sideways and regain the the aim on the target easy... good luck...

The only other thing I can think of is some kind of 'God' mode. I know there is a mod like that for ME2 in the Cheat Codes mod but not sure about ME3. But that might be worth looking up.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I get it, I had problems before as well. BUT there is way how to do this and you will never have a problem even on insanity. Now I kill that thing in one go no problems.

1, You need to listen to the sound clues When your weapon will be ready you will hear a click sound that is when you aim and start focusing the laser. DO NOT focus the laser while moving or strafing to the side. This will ridiculously slow down the process!!!

2, As the reaper beam is approaching you need to interrupt the focusing and can do one of two things. You can strafe to the side and then dodge/roll once if your timing was perfect, twice to be safe, BUT it is easier to turn and sprint away for a bit. (2 seconds finish with a roll) as you will see the beam going above your head. you can keep focusing.

3, Focus, sprint&roll/Strafe&2xroll, focus is all you need to do for the rocket to strike. Rinse and repeat.

Once you get the right rhythm it is ridiculously easy, a ravager is causing more problems to me then that reaper on insanity. Not to mention those Geth Primes just before the reaper GRRRR

Good luck.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...