Skip unskippable cutscenes

Kajana

Some of the cutscenes are a waste of time, break immersion and realism or hurt gameplay.

Such as the atlas on Sur'kesh, having to wait and watch it fall with hands tensed and ready to fight it is annoying and cramp inducing; another is having to watch Kai Lang stumble his way towards Shepard and somehow try to believe they don't hear him or watching Jack save the kid who somehow got completely lost at her own school and got into the room Shepard was just in without passing her or watching Shepard take way too long to get into the shuttle on Gellix and somehow get herself nearly blown up and have to be saved by the scientist (thanks squadmates!).

So while some of the scenes are great and I could watch over and over (watching 'Eve' take out the Cerberus troops never gets old) it may help credulity to skip a few of the others.

I would think that there should be some way to skip these or at least make them skippable. Any help would be appreciated.

Except that [Esc] doesn't work to skip cutscenes in ME3. Hitting [Esc] during those scenes doesn't even pause the game or bring up the menu as it does outside of cutscenes and dialogue. Nothing I have tried does anything during those scenes.

Now hitting [space] works to skip lines in dialogues but it doesn't affect the longer cutscenes.

I appreciate the answer but it doesn't apply here.

Edited by Kajana

Add all of the bik files to the skipable movies list in biogame.

You can't skip some parts of dialogue cutscenes as they are load triggers and sections that have interrupts can't be skipped.

Is is possible that a high level mod would make everything skipable but may cause issues.

That sounds perfect! :D

I'm not worried about the dialogue ones, do want to catch the interrupts and such. But more the big ones that are usually at the beginning or end of a battle that waste time. (Really hate the ones at the beginning of a fight when you have died and have to watch them over and over! lol)

Sorry for the noob question, I'm relatively new to ME modding but how would you do that? I didn't see a file like that in biogame, though probably just missing it. Would I need to use explorer for that? Any help is much appreciated.

You would need to do some coalesced editing.

I have some guides on modding (they're a bit dated but still mostly relevant).

http://me3tweaks.com/guides

I'd recommend with Mod Manager. Whenever the guide says to compile or decompile coalesced, just drag and drop the .bin or manifest .XML file onto the main Mod Manager window.

Note, .bik files are the movie files. They aren't the cutscenes as you describe. What you would need is a global override to allow skipping (would likely be in sfxgame or testpatch dlc) or to edit out the skippable stuff in kismet (sequence editor), but that would be pretty labor intensive.

Thanks so much not only for the information but the link!

I now have the page bookmarked and will be working my way through them.

I will give it a try and see what I come up with. ;)

Again, much appreciated! :D

Consider creating a PCC Data Dump in Mass Effect 3 Mod Manager (tools > pcc data dumper) for your game and then searching the resulting files with something like GrepWin for something like the word "skip" or "skippable". This may be something that was patched or is part of the main SFXGame file that will allow you to do a global override.