Darkened Texture Issue

Macmon28

Long time player first time modder,
Ive encountered a couple of issues with certain textures being darkened/flickering shadows while modding Skyrim SE and wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts/solutions or workarounds.
System Specs: Intel i7 920
Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 (2bg of vram I believe)
6gb of RAM
Load Order:

GameMode=SkyrimSE

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm=0
unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp=1
Cutting Room Floor.esp=1
static mesh improvement mod se.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
Vivid WeathersSE.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp=1
ELFX - Exteriors.esp=1
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp=1
Immersive Patrols II.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
Phenderix Magic Evolved.esp=1
big_ultimate_kills_sepc_sp0ckrates.esp=1
CraftingSupplies_AIO_ALL.esp=1
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp=1
Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
icepenguinworldmap.esp=1
Footprints.esp=1
carryweight.esp=1
dd - enhanced blood main.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
CarryWeight x100.esp=1
rich merchants of skyrim.esp=1
UnreadBooksGlow.esp=1
BlendedRoads.esp=1
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo.esp=1
better horses.esp=0
ELFXEnhancer.esp=1
Immersive Citizens - ELFXEnhancer patch.esp=1

I am also using the Skylands 1k texture pack.

The first example of the issues Im having occurs in Whiterun - Halls of the Dead. Certain textures will darken at particular camera angles. When I disable ELFX the issues resolves itself, but I'm wondering if there is another fix without losing ELFX (love the mod)

The second issue I am seeing (could be related or separate) occurs on the roads in Riverwood (specifically under/near the guard walkways). Certain parts of the texture appear darkened in unusual ways, and become more or less pronounced depending on the camera angle. When I disable the Skylands texture pack, the issues becomes way less noticeable, but again, if there is another fix besides just uninstalling Skylands, Id prefer that.

I've been reading up on different issues regarding shadow/light flickering, and I know there is a game engine limitation on the amount of light sources that can be active at one time (causing lights to turn off and on). Has there been any solutions to this? Wouldn't that limitation make ELFX Exteriors encounter a lot of issues, or am I missing something? I've also read that similar issues can sometimes be the symptoms of running out of vram. I have a vram usage monitor and I do seem to be getting close to my limit (between 1900-2030mb), could this be the source of my problems? Would a texture optimizer fix all of this? Such as: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3858/?

Thanks for reading and any help, would be greatly appreciated, and please excuse any ignorance in my explanation, Im rather new at this.

• 5 months later...

one of two things - you have to many shadows being rendered in that cell becuase you have mods that added to many light sources. or - you have a mesh issue and did not let a lighting mod overwrite the meshes it needed to (if this is the case those dark areas should never light up)