Dragon Age: Origins game install not found (Toolset Installation)

I'm a bit late and you probably got it sorted, but it occurred to me you might have the GOG version.
They edited the registry to stop Origin from overwriting the game.
If you have the GOG version, edit the registry
HKLM/SOFTWARE/(Wow6432Node*)/BioWare/Dragon Age
rename value 'Path_' to 'Path'

After you install the toolset you can change it back and the tooset will still work.
If you aren't using the GOG version, then I don't know what's causing it.

I tried that & it didn't help, but I was able to get it sorted! It took uninstalling and reinstalling DAO, then installing the toolset before installing any mods. I didn't even get any sql server errors as I'd had in the past.

Anyway, I really appreciate you trying to help!

• 1 year later...

I'm a bit late and you probably got it sorted, but it occurred to me you might have the GOG version.

After you install the toolset you can change it back and the tooset will still work.

Thank you so very much! Had same problem and this was the solution. I appreciate you posting this information.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Thank you very much, that worked perfectly

• 5 months later...

Assuming I'm a noob, how exactly do you edit the registry?

@yumiifmb; Ouch. If you have to ask the question, it might be better not to do this. (I gather you do have the GOG version.)

All versions of Windows have the built-in utility program called "Regedit" which is used to, (as the name implies) edit the Registry.

When you open it, it will ask if you want to make a backup copy of your Registry before making changes. Good idea! (Be sure to note the path/filename of that backup.)

Then use the "Search" function to find the exact term identified above, and make the change, and Save and Exit, then re-boot. (Some Registry changes are not read until boot.)

If you did things correctly, your computer will start and whatever change you made now operates as expected.

I also recommend that you check out a few YouTube videos on Registry editing first so you have an understanding of what you're getting into.

• 2 months later...

I had the same issue happening to me, if anybody is facing this issue follow what was said by olnorton.

If for some reason you can't find Path there, create a string value by right clicking there, and naming it Path. Then copying your dragon age address from the explorer, then paste it there, the installer should work. Note: I tried this on the GOG version not sure with other versions that may have the problem.

Edited by kingkabab

• 1 year later...