Nexus Can't Find the .ini file but it is there and where it should be.

Velostodon

Hi guys,

I go through this every time I play fallout. The Fallout4Custom.ini file is where it should be with the right name, right file type, right text inside. Nexus still is giving me the message that I have no ini file. I've had the game generate its own, copied an old one, made my own, pasted each in 5 different places it could be looking, and Nexus apparently is blind and can't find it.

How do I make Nexus Mod Manager see the file that is right in front of its stupid face? I am at my wits end with this garbage.

Done it. There is no other person on the internet with this problem apparently because I have tried all of these solutions and NMM is just too retarded to find the file. Its definitely an ini. I've tried auto generated and manually made ones. Its in the right folder. NMM just can't find it. How the hell do I get this stupid application to see it?

yup. all other "nexus mod manager can't find ini" topics lead to that custom ini file missing even youtube vids.

well i got personally steam / fallout 4 on c:\games

then nmm 0.63.14 on c:\games too.

the ini files should be in C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\

the only other solution i found was rolling back to a previous version of NMM.

i found older versions posted here

Edit: did you already came across this topic?

especially this two posts:

You dont need this file to make mod (loose files) to work. The Fallout4custom.ini is nothing special, it is just an override to the fallout4.ini. Basically you can have the same ini settings in both files, but the Fallout4custom.ini have a higher priority, so everthing that is in both inis gets overriden by the setting in the Fallout4custom.ini.

- the Fallout4custom.ini is created with the start of the game Fallout4.exe

- you dont need Fallout4custom.ini to make loose file mods work

- the massage you get from NMM is just a general warning massage. The NMM only scans the Fallout4custom.ini and ignoring the fallout4.ini settings. So if you have modified the necessary items, NMM will keep nagging, But you can ignore it.

- you can apply the ini modifiaction also to the fallout4.ini and it will work

Or you can use my tool to enable mods as loose files, it will do the ini modification automatically.

http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/2772/?

and this

Ok so it finally works! This is how I did it. After your mod applied the Fallout4custom.ini file, I added a few lines to the file:

[Display]
iLocation X=0
iLocation Y=0
[Archive]
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
After that you just reapply the mods on NMM (they are stil checked green so I needed to uncheck and then re check them).

And it worked!

Edited by maverikch

• 1 year later...

After hours of not getting mods to activate & occasionally getting the CAN’T FIND FALLOUT4CUSTOM.INI error despite the INI being there with correct entries, I found that by clicking the DISABLES THE CURRENT MOD (Red circle with slash icon) for each mod that wouldn’t install, when it was done the GREEN Installs and/or enables the selected mod icon became available & the mod would install normally.