Cliff's Edge Hotel (converted to a Settlement)

Deleted37523145User

So in my feeble attempt to convert Cliff's Edge Hotel to a settlement I got some success using Conquest, Place Everywhere and Scrap Everything. However, I ran into a roadblock with precombined meshes.

My capabilities are really limited, especially with FO4 Edit. So I was wondering if someone would be interested in turning Cliff's Edge Hotel into a settlement where I could clean up the place and make it a nice home for my character and some residents.

Also if someone is interested in turning the location into a settlement, would it be possible to make it compatible with vault 118 settlement mod?

Thank you

there's a few ways for that to be possible.

the fallout4 optimization thread is a great place to start,

and has some generative snippets to get to grips with FO4GECK and FO4Edit etc.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5522717-fallout-4-optimization-and-performance-systems-explained/

there's a kludge below;

a few folks have made a radius around the ploppable settlement bench be a functioning settlement,

so, you could plop one of those there,

then rename that node, put your fast-travel mat etc.

while this method won't allow you to make it 'pre-war pristine',

you can still clean a lot of the area without fear of weird precombine-y crud hehe.

and to link it to V118,

you'd then use a place anywhere and any door to any where,

to put a door ref into it.

kludge-y though it'd do the job well enough.

that door could be any kind,

I'd suggest perhaps an elevator or a 'cave tunnel entrance',

or the utility stairs and 'door' block.

if you went that last route, then, you could connect the other door ref to a new lands - vault- interior,

and connect that little add-on vault to expand V118 a little hehe.

----

advantage, fairly quick to implement, relatively stable, could be compatible with the proper v118 settlement mod.

disadvantage; can't make it 'Pre-War Pristine", might be near parasettlement cap (200+ parasettlements?)