Heavy Traffic ×

Vault-tec prewar van mesh/texture odd problem

mfree80286

Nice! Now we just need a hospital. And paramedics (skeletons).

Well, this is for the first expansion to my Vault 201 mod, it's 'Black Site Epiales'. Story's still all in my head, but so it goes:

This is a facility where all the captured suspected Chinese and foreign operatives were brought, interrogated, and tested. Tested? Medically, yes. Those with certain results are tasked to different categories. If they were determined to be of no intelligence value, some were shipped live or 'intact' to various other facilities, others were 'resourced', and others deemed unsuitable were simply euthanized and disposed of in the facility incinerator.

Those 'resourced' were basically parted out for transplant and research materials. Acula Med Transport handled a lot of the local shipping, DOD did the more remote moves. One of the big bonuses to operating this way was that the entirety of the blood content of the subject could be retrieved and utilized, so there was a lot of shipping of whole blood to local facilities.

There were some inconsistencies in inventory at one of the local hospitals, and the founder of AMT was on-site (already having been read in to the program) to state his case and help with the investigation. That's when the bombs dropped, and that's when the older reactor in the facility's lowest level went prompt critical and popped it's top off, absolutely bathing everything with a lethal amount of radiation.... and you know how that goes in this game.

You may very well find AMT's founder "alive" in the facility, surrounded no doubt by lots of empty blood packs and organ containers, but you're not likely to get much else beyond grunts and roars from our esteemed and rather ghoulish Dr. Vladimir Acula... which is the crux of the logo, btw... not only is the upward arrow a symbol of ambition, consider that old nickname 'Vlad the impaler'. Turn it upside down and there are two red fangs under the red cross in the leading A, that arrow now pointing to the depths of hell...

EDIT: Other work that continues is Prison Clothes, faded orange shirts/slacks, and I've managed to get orange rags on ferals. I have lots of notes to write but the plot's laid out and the list of facilities and such are made and waiting, the facility's done in floorplan and just needs fluff and inhabitants, made a red phone for the 'secure line', and I'll have to plant some other notes in strategic locations (DIA, hospitals, SB Mil Checkpoint will have a warning not to detain or process a particular odd British agent from MI6 who DIA knows of and is working with... a reference to previous fallouts). I've also brought back Mama Dolce's sweet and sour stroganoff and like the first V201 mod, lots of other little odd-and-end items that make references. Also making a glowstick that's supposed to have some cast light, specifically so the player can drop them to either act as breadcrumbs or so they don't backtrack while exploring.

Oh, and I've engineered some code so it's tied to the original Vault 201 Skeleton Crew mod, but it'll work just fine all by itself as well :)