Crouch bug

CyrilGaster

So, basically, whenever I use the pip boy or sometimes VATS my character crouches automatically when I exit its menu. For example, when I use the pip boy while standing, when I exit the pip boy I'm crouching, and vice-versa. This is especially annoying when I try to be stealthy since I'm not sneaking anymore. Re-installing the game does nothing to it. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Alright, here's what I have:

CPU: Intel Pentium CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB

System: 64 bit operating system, x64 processor

It's a laptop, probably not designed for games, I'm not sure.

Windows 8.1

The location of the game is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas

I don't run the game in administrator

I have all DLC's

I don't know the version of my game

I'm using FOMM

I don't use any "construction kit"

I have NVSE

that's about it, I think.

Hope you can come to a conclusion.

First suggestion is to read the "Installing Games on Vista+" article in my signature, and move Steam out of the default "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder. That location causes problems. The article explains why and has a link to the official steam procedure, as well as some additional info.

No mods? That is essentially a "vanilla" game setup with the sole exception of NVSE, which is not needed unless you have mods that make use of it. As vanilla doesn't have the problem, please see the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. Among other things it lists the order in which you need to have the DLCs sorted. We really need to see the "load order". LOOT produces a list you can easily copy-and-paste into the forum. It's linked and described in that article as well.

-Dubious-

I do have around 93 mods. Thanks for the help.

The DLC order is this:

Tribal pack: 0B

Mercenary pack: 0C

Caravan pack: 0E

Dead money: 0F

Honest hearts: 10

Old world blues: 11

Lonesome road: 12

Gun runners arsenal: 13

Edited by CyrilGaster

We really need to see your "sorted load order". That sequence for the DLCs alone is all wrong. PLEASE read the "General Mod Use Advice" article linked earlier. It has both how to get your "load order" for posting here, and the correct sequence for sorting the DLCs (under "Vanilla Load Order"), among a number of other things you need to know.

Every time you respond it's like you paid attention to only one thing said or asked for before, and then only in the most minimal form. This is my third request for your complete "load order". You have to do your part to resolve the issues. We can't see your system or read your mind. Without all the details, we can only keep repeating the same basic advice.

-Dubious-