Hitman47101 Reloadl animation fix

Brosephus

Hello,

So I've returned to playing NV recently and am using Hitman47101's weapon animations. I've noticed the the reload animation on the caravan shotgun allows you to fire before the animation finishes, breaking it. Currently using:

JIP LN

New Vegas Proper Re-animated

Immersive Recoil

MCM

Darnified v4

Solid Project

UIO

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix it?

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by Brosephus

Are you trying to play the game at a FPS higher than 60? That can throw off animations. Please see "Causes 1 & 2" of 'Issue: Game in slow motion' under the 'Solutions to Performance problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

If it's been awhile, you may want to refresh your memory of some of the game differences from others you may have played lately by reviewing the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

-Dubious-

Still seems like a timing issue. Have you tweaked the game "timescale" to anything other than "30:1"? Please see the 'Issue: Can Timescale adjustments break certain quests, etc.?' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

Otherwise, suggest you provide the complete information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article, so we can see if there is anything not logically connected involved.

-Dubious-

If you haven't already done so, then you are using the default. Several mechanism's to change it are listed in the referenced "Troubleshooting" guide entry.

I haven't found any other reports of problems with the caravan shotgun animation. But perhaps you are using a "sound overhaul" mod like "All Weapon Sounds Overhaul" by Suspect from GTA5MODS? They are also tied to the animation files. Which is why we like to see the list from the "How to ask for help" article. It isn't always the logical thing.

Edit: Hitman put up a 32-second video of the Caravan reload animation in 2016 that seems flawless. So the problem has to lie in your setup.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Ah. I was using the CRL9000 sound modification(I forgot to mention in my post), but I uninstalled it(along with all my other mods)to check for compatibility issues. Still broken.

Could it be an issue with my graphics card? Using an AMD Radeon HD 7800.

Edited by Brosephus

@Deborah40: That makes sense. The main file is from June 2016, but all the optional files are later.

Hitman is still active on Nexus, but no longer playing/working on FNV. Comments on the mod are locked. The last update is 27 Apr 2017 under "Optional Files" as "Update 1.3"; untested and incomplete. But it does say anyone can make patches. Maybe adding or removing that update will help.

If not, try reading the "First Person Animation Tutorial" under the "Animation" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. Hopefully that will show you where to set/change the duration. If so, you could publish a patch that just changes that.

-Dubious-