Blank, customizable books mod

SommOZzatore

I would like to put some custom contents into some books, and while I would be able to modify existing books I would not be able to create a book mod from scratch (I already tried it), so I tought it would be nice to have a mod that adds some blank books (something like ten different blank books for example, with very easy to recognize names and IDs in the editor so anybody would find them easily) that gamers with no modding skills would be able to fill with wathever content they want.

Many thanks in advance to anybody who will decide to take this request and make such mod :)

I was hoping that such a mod existed as well because I end up taking copious amounts of notes, especially when upgrading gear. I also want a map with an auto-draw function that would act as if you were filling in the map by hand as you explored. And indeed, if a brilliant modder were ambitious enough, a complete scribe function would be amazing. Complete with the ability to write your own books as well as edit already existing ones while still in game. Especially if it went balls deep and required crafting via a printing press. Lore tells us that every book must be hand written, game mechanics tell me that they are mass produced on a printing press : ) So yeah, if somebody can craft me a fully functional gutenberg press via campfire's framework, it would be much appreciated : )

As a side note- I have access to extremely high quality book textures scanned at professional quality standards. If requested I could upload texture assets for modders to work with. I work in a digitization lab for the california state library so the inventory roughly starts with publications around the 16th century. Also, if requested, I could attempt to photogrammetry a book so that you would have access to a high quality mesh and texture set. Most things we have are within the public domain, which means that we all own those assets. So use them, please : )

Sorry sommOZzatore for bogarting your post : )

• 1 month later...

Seconded. A note or a book where we could take notes (about crafting, quest details, or lore - anything we want) would be great.

If each paragraph could be treated like a enchanted amulet or ring treated like a quest item and hidden from the inventory,
I guess each paragraph of the journal could be written the same way we can rename the gear we enchant... ?
Edited by 5ilvara