NMM can't find Witcher 3 GOTY

I've just purchased the game from Steam but can't get NMM to find it. If I manually browse to the folder containing the exe file, it says it's not there. The auto search feature finds Skyrim and Fallout 4 flawlessly, but not Witcher 3. I'm using version 0.63.14.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong - and thanks in advance :)

• 1 month later...

same problem here, if anybody has a solution for this i´d be really thankfully!

Edit since i found a solution in another thread

I know im digging but thats the first page google directed me to so i might as well share a solution to toe GOG GOTY problem.

You guys need to find the path for the .EXE in my case it is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\bin\x64

Then you need to paste it into the NMM and remove the last parts of the path leaving only:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY\

At that point NMM will no longer say that the game .EXE is not found. So basicly you just need to delethe the "
bin\x64" from the path and it will work! :laugh:

Edited by splendid81

• 1 year later...

Loaded content on D:/ and not on the c:/ ... Drive switch same idea under steam steamapps.. hope this helps

Ok have edit steps in order to make Wicther 3 Gog or Goty work..

1. Need to install Witcher 3 Mod Manager.

2. Need to point Witcher3.exe at D drive and D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64 Witcher 3 .exe...

3. You more than likely won't be able to run it in Windows 10.

1. Right click desktop icon select run as administrator. It will run the app and mods will fail..

4. Have to load unfuncational script and manually open it. (This isn't a mod!) (Witcher 3 WildHunt 1.31 or 1.32)

1. Unfuncational script need to unzip file. Default 7zip sucks period. You need to use another zip compression tool . I use Bandzip.

2. Unzip the Unfuncational script and drag and drop to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3

3. Want to select Replace files then press ok.

5. Now restart Witcher3 Mod Manager (Right Click) (Run as Administrator). You should see mod 000___ Compile .. This is normal..

6. The debug has been loaded and you can add mods by downloading from nexus..

Have fun..

Update: Did all of the following steps and yet the mods won't load no matter what I do. The mod manager loads and has no effect on the game. Have now tried the nexus mod manager and won't even see the witcher 3. exe file for Goty or GOG..

Witcher 3 mod manager has problem with loading mods in proper script format so trying to install as a nexus mod manager don't work..

Tried every work around and still get stuck with no results..

The above idea loads the witcher mod manager and scripts and never actually function in the game..

If someone comes up with a different idea let me know..

Edited by Culaterout

• 1 year later...