Gwent: Skellige Style - Sjusta bug

I have a bug in the Gwent: Skellige Style side quest where Sjusta's dialogue has the "Heard you play Gwent" option twice. No matter which of the two options you select, the game subsequently crashes when you select "Yeah, let's play."

This is the second playthrough where I encounter this quest-breaking bug, and I am not alone: https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/361787186435972938/

The advice I keep getting is to verify the integrity of my game cache (which I've done) and then restart from a saved game before the Gwent: Skellige Style quest activates. This is not an option, as I spent nearly four full days doing quests, after the Gwent: Skellige Style quest had originally triggered. To get Crach and Craite and Ermion, you need to progress with the main quest and for Madman Lugos and Gremist, there are some side quests involved as well. Sjusta is literally the last Gwent opponent for this quest to become available to play Gwent against (he is available as a merchant/barber earlier, but without the option of playing Gwent against him).

This bug is not mod related either, as I also encountered it in my very first Witcher 3 playthrough, with no mods present whatsoever.

In my search to fix this quest-breaking bug, I discovered the Witcher 3 console enabler mod. If someone could please provide me with the side quest ID for "Win a unique card form Sjusta", then I could do an addfact(sq???_completed), as well as an additem('gwint_card_yaevinn') if necessary.

Please assist.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this. But on my 3rd playthrough, I also encountered this bug. I've tried with both modded and unmodded version, all have the exact same glitch. Would really appreciate if someone can points us the side quest ID or the "Win a unique card from Sjusta" object ID so we can fix this through console commands.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tried the debug command addfact(cg200_sjusta_defeated) but it is not working at all. When I input it and press enter nothing happens and the quest is still unsolved (Sjusta is the last guy to defeat to close the quest, of course).

Do you have any idea why?