[LE] Follower won't go through door.

Narinha

Hello everybody!!

I have some issues with follower that doesn't go through a specific door. I thought the problem could be solved with the information I found here in nexus (such as https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4557545-npc-wont-go-through-door or https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5203565-help-on-load-doors as some examples). But they didn't help me.

So, what I've done I'll explain here: I changed a vanilla house in Skyrim to belong to a follower (just like here https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5177090-help-creating-player-home-using-npcs-exsistng-home/) then, made the correct adjustments. The doors are correctly linked, the player gets in and out with no trouble at all. The follower doesn't. I've checked for possible navmesh errors and the CK returned none, interior and exterior.

The house is to be the follower's, so when the player gets married with the follower he/she also owns the house. I've made a new faction so the follower can own the house and with the marriage test, it works fine, the player owns everything, but the follower never enters the house. And, just to add one detail, I don' t know if this is related to the matter, but when the player sleeps, he doesn't get the lover bonus, just the common rested one.

I've tried locking the door, giving the key to the owner (the follower), unlocking the door, etc. Nothing changes. The follower stands on the outside. Some tutorials have suggested to change the whole navmesh in the cells - I've done that, too, but no results. And I'm probably forgetting to tell you some things I've already tried to do...

Can anyone help me with this? I'm new in this kind of things.

Thank you all for any ideas.

Anyone, please?

I don't know anything, but maybe a idle marker is blocking something? Also have you tried move in and out of the portal with the follower unassigned to it and see if they follow. Maybe you need to assign a different ai package? Sorry if this doesn't help any. When I look at npcs in certain areas they seem to have idle packages assigned so they have a "routine".

Anyone, please?

I don't know anything, but maybe a idle marker is blocking something? Also have you tried move in and out of the portal with the follower unassigned to it and see if they follow. Maybe you need to assign a different ai package? Sorry if this doesn't help any. When I look at npcs in certain areas they seem to have idle packages assigned so they have a "routine".

Thanks for the reply.

There's no idle markers on the way. And as for the AI packages, the follower does the ones that are to be done on the outside perfectly. But when it comes to the AI packages done on the inside, as the follower never goes through the door, it's impossible to know whether they're working for now.

Anyone, please?

Thanks for the reply.

There's no idle markers on the way. And as for the AI packages, the follower does the ones that are to be done on the outside perfectly. But when it comes to the AI packages done on the inside, as the follower never goes through the door, it's impossible to know whether they're working for now.

Have you tried manually teleporting them in with the console?

That's an interesting thing that I've tried to do. Once I teleport the follower to the inside, he really goes there and does anything he's ordered to do. When the player leaves, the follower stays behind. But it's as if he didn't stay, because he goes with the player if I fast travel to any other place of the map.

That's an interesting thing that I've tried to do. Once I teleport the follower to the inside, he really goes there and does anything he's ordered to do. When the player leaves, the follower stays behind. But it's as if he didn't stay, because he goes with the player if I fast travel to any other place of the map.

Check your door and make sure it is not flagged as "Minimal Use". Load doors that are marked as such can not be used by NPC's or Followers. I know one Farm House trap door is marked as Minimal Use, as are many others.

Check your door and make sure it is not flagged as "Minimal Use". Load doors that are marked as such can not be used by NPC's or Followers. I know one Farm House trap door is marked as Minimal Use, as are many others.

Where would this "minimal use" flag be? :blush: If you're talking abou the reference box, I found nothing like that.

Its not a tag - the door object will have minimal use in the name.

Where would this "minimal use" flag be? :blush: If you're talking abou the reference box, I found nothing like that.

Most load doors do have minuse in the name. But some non load doors are flagged as Minimal Use. If you right click on the door in the Object Window, then Edit, the editor window for the door will open and you will see several different flags you can add to the door.