Stuttering when turning camera

Watercrown

Well, you certainly know more about this that I do. I can say with certainty that it did seem to resolve the issue I was having.

Also, I've gone through just about every NVSR guide (including that one). I don't think what I'm experiencing is stuttering of that kind. Seems to be related to loading information.

• 1 month later...

Case anyone cares...

So It looks like it's just the Windows Superfetch that was causing issues. Had to re-enable pagefile since I had some issues in other applications but the game continues to work fine so long as superfetch is disabled. I can't explain it.

• 1 month later...

Case anyone cares...

So It looks like it's just the Windows Superfetch that was causing issues. Had to re-enable pagefile since I had some issues in other applications but the game continues to work fine so long as superfetch is disabled. I can't explain it.

Totally fixed the issue for me too. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You're the "llloyd" from the "Random Crashes" thread in the "Mod Troubleshooting" sub-forum, correct? That being the case, then you have already been through the usual suggestions. Looks as though "texture" replacements that have increased levels of detail (resolution) are all that are left (to change to lower resolutions).

"Texture packs" don't usually show up in the "load order". (They are replacing vanilla assets; thus they overwrite existing files.) And the issue with them is what size/resolution of the images you are using. Larger/"hi-rez" textures require more pixels, and larger screen display monitors multiply that requirement in a non-linear way. While your hardware may technically be able to handle it, the game is 7 years old, designed for Windows Vista with maximum screen displays of 1920x1080, with default image sizes of 512x512 pixels. The game engine texture cache tends to be the bottleneck: causing "stutter".

To test, uninstall your texture packs and see if you still have the stutter in the same location using just vanilla textures. Don't forget to re-run FNVLODGen once you have uninstalled or added any VWD/LOD textures. (Please see the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.)

Grids loaded (uGridsToLoad) setting in the INI files - LEAVE THIS AT 5. This needs to be an odd value (5, 7, 9, etc.) and the game has code that only works properly when this is at the default of 5. Turning this up drastically increases memory and processor use. Also, this is probably why you're crashing outdoors. [Larger values may cause scripts to prematurely trigger upon cell loading.] May also cause stuttering.

Note that 'uGridsToLoad=' is directly linked with 'uInterior Cell Buffer=' and 'uExterior Cell Buffer=' values. Best to leave all three alone.

-Dubious-

• 1 year later...

Your explanation for the windows pagefile and superfetch couldn't be further from the truth, you really should read up on how windows actually works before you go and tell people things like that.

Cause they believe it cause it sounds reasonable, but what you said is complete nonsense.

And yes Superfetch is not needed and can be a resource hog, it's ancient tech for modern hardware, so is the Pagefile, nowadays PC's have enough RAM, and the Pagefile is still needed, but only for certain OS related stuff,

So a small Pagefile of 4Gb will do the trick usually.

As for the stutters, in this badly optimized engine, and people using tons of bad mods that confuse the hell out of this archaic engine, as well as drivers that are usually optimized for the latest games, not older ones,

and the 64 hz bug makes sure that even if you have a GTX1080TI SLI setup with I9 CPU with all SSD, you still have stutters.

You can tweak and try till you drop, if you're lucky, you can play the game stutter free for a while, but eventually it will break down again and you'll have to start allover again to find a config that works again,

nothing is going to fix that, Welcome to Bethesda's masterpieces of buggyness FO3 and FNV.

Just go and Play FO4 and wait till them modders made FNV and FO3 in the FO4 engine a reality.

The creation engine is also far from perfect, but it doesn't stutter ..