Heavy Traffic ×

Institute Ending Glitch [Spoilers]

Harupuia

So I only just now noticed this when I was browsing youtube and found out my post game is lacking a lot of content.

So basically, I did the Institute Ending and completed the quest Nuclear Family. After that nothing happens.

I didn't get any conversations from Companions on my decision and there isn't Synth and Institute flags around the Commonwealth.

I also heard Gen 1 Synths appear in Diamond City. Also didn't happen.

Visiting some military check points and there isn't synths there either.

The ending credits played after the quest and I see Father's grave now. But, everything else seems to be in a pre end game state.

Any tips how to fix this?

• 3 years later...

I've just encountered this in my current playthrough. The last time I did an Institute playthrough I got the usual comments from companions over an Institute victory and the Synths in Diamond City.

This time however, I decided not to kill the Railroad when ordered by Father. Instead I played the Railroad route up to the point where the Brotherhood attacked their HQ and used them to take out the Brotherhood. Afterwards I returned to Railroad HQ and killed everyone and returned to the Institute to have that last conversation with Shaun and got the end credits. Going to Diamond City there I also see no winning faction or Institute victory comments from the companions.

When players destroy the Brotherhood on the Railroad side there is dialogue from the player about using the Railroad as an means to an end during a conversation with Preston. It seems that Bethesda allowed players to do this but didn't implement it well.

• 4 weeks later...