Modding The Bureau with XCOM:EU UPK Modding Tools?

MurphyLocke

You can try it.

If the game has *.upk files, open one of them in hex editor (like HxD) and see, if the first four bytes are C1 83 2A 9E.

If yes, download UE Explorer and load any file with it. If the file is compressed, try DecompressLZO from UPKUtils and then UE Explorer again.

• 2 weeks later...

It Worked, the first four bytes were C1 83 2A 9E and i then opened it with EU Explorer, but i want to change a model from another inside the game (change the suit of the main character), the thing is that the character has a different upk file for each suit he wears during the game, and i dont know how to change them.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, if for some reason you do.

Edited by MurphyLocke

Is it the same model but different texture or different model with different texture?

Please look, if your game has DefaultContent.ini. My path to the file is D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\Config, but it is XCOM Enemy Unknown.

If you have the ini, open it and locate archetype names of both models in it. What names to search for is seen in model's *.upk file.

After I open decompressed Soldier_MaleKevlar_SF.upk, I click Objects tab and see packages under Content tab. One of them is Soldier_MaleKevlar and it contains an archetype ARC_MaleKevlar.

In my DefaultContent.ini is:

// Kevlar armor
UnitPackageInfo=(PawnType=ePawnType_Male_1_Kevlar,ArchetypeName="Soldier_MaleKevlar.ARC_MaleKevlar")
// Carapace armor
UnitPackageInfo=(PawnType=ePawnType_Male_2_Carapace,ArchetypeName="Soldier_MaleCarapace.ARC_MaleCarapace")

If I'd like Kevlar to look like Carapace, I'd put its archetype name to Kevlar's line:

UnitPackageInfo=(PawnType=ePawnType_Male_1_Kevlar,ArchetypeName="Soldier_MaleCarapace.ARC_MaleCarapace")

Hope this helps.

They are two different models and textures.

I looked in the Game Folder "C:2K Games\The Bureau - XCOM Declassified\XGame\Config" and i didn't found any ini file called "DefaultContent.ini",but i found other files with similar name (Like "DefaultGame.ini", etc, and checked them but there was nothing refered to what you said, and again thank you and sorry for the constant inconvinients

They are two different models and textures.

I looked in the Game Folder "C:2K Games\The Bureau - XCOM Declassified\XGame\Config" and i didn't found any ini file called "DefaultContent.ini",but i found other files with similar name (Like "DefaultGame.ini", etc, and checked them but there was nothing refered to what you said, and again thank you and sorry for the constant inconvinients.

No worries :) The best would be, if you could pack all inis from Config folder plus those 2 model files from CookedPC (or CookedPCConsole) folder and XGame.upk and mail them to me so I can have a look. It is very difficult to help, when I don't have the game. Will PM you my mail.