Is it possible to raid sanctuary without minutemen quests?

saintgrimm92

I decided to do a fallout 4 replay with the sole purpose of taking all possible raider outposts, including sanctuary. Reddit said to follow concord until the death claw fight, then instead of talking to preston, just go do my nuka world stuff.

Now, after over 80 hours and 100 levels, I've found out that skipping the minutemen quests makes it impossible. Sacntuary is a choice for raiding, but it's greyed out and unselectable. Another thing I read said that I need to do the minutemen quests until I'm made the general, then move preston and other NPCs out. However, I'm already overboss and have the first settlement + supply for the raiders in the commonwealth. It seems even if I go get preston now, I won't be able to continue the minutement quests far enough without first killing the raiders...

Is there any way I can fix this? or work around it without reloading and losing about 30 some hours of gameplay?

yes, that's true. But how can I move those NPCs when I've already raided a settlement? Preston doesn't have an option to be moved after doing so. I'm not sure if Sturges does or not, I haven't tried him at once I couldn't move preston.

Edited by saintgrimm92

EDIT: At once I've already wasted 2 days looking for a workaround, I probably would have been close to finishing what I would have lost by reloading an older save - so I'll just reload to back before I raided the commonwealth.

For some reason, you guys aren't getting what I am asking.

HOW can i do those things when his only dialogue is "kill all the raiders to redeem yourself"? After overtaking the very first outpost in the commonwealth, preston will not do anything else but tell you to kill the raiders. He is unmovable, will not give any other quests, etc etc.

I had discovered sanctuary couldnt be raided by leaving him in concord before I asked this question. I discovered he would not continue past going to sanctuary when I've already raided a settlement before asking this question.

The question is NOT "why can't I raid sanc" I know why, because he's there.

The question is not "when can i move him", because I cannot continue his quests to do so.

The question is this and only this: Is there a way around that, such as mods that'll force him to move, or a mod to just flat out kill him, a console command or mod to make his dialogue let me continue minutemen quests until I can move him etc etc. A work around for a horrible game mechanic is what I'm looking for.

your guys' answers are just repeating info I've already given you... Well sort of.... it's not big guns, it's right after he makes you general of the minutement, which I told you in my original post.

saintgrimm92, on 27 Aug 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

I've found out that skipping the minutemen quests makes it impossible. Another thing I read said that I need to do the minutemen quests until I'm made the general, then move preston and other NPCs out. However, I'm already overboss and have the first settlement + supply for the raiders in the commonwealth. It seems even if I go get preston now, I won't be able to continue the minutement quests far enough without first killing the raiders...

Is there any way I can fix this? or work around it without reloading and losing about 30 some hours of gameplay?

It's quite frusterating when the only answers is just repeating crap I said in my first post... It's even more frusterating when it's repeated incorrectly. Soon as you complete his first radiant quest after taking him to sanctuary, he makes you general and he can be moved. However, I was the raider overboss and already raiding the commonwealth while he was still in concord museum, meaning I CANNOT do quests for him.

So, to avoid anyone else telling me why I can't raid sanc, and giving bad info on when he can be moved this is my one and only question, for the 3rd time now:

Is there a workaround (or mod) that makes it so I can continue his quests, force move him or any other way to raid sanctuary with him there after already raiding a settlement?

Edited by saintgrimm92

I also wanted never-even-talk to preston douchebag, went through painful process of becoming overboss first thing out of vault 111 and guess what, main questline broken, game unplayable

he also made me start new game twice or thrice in mid-late playthrough because his script did weird things and perma-broke questlines

to address issue if you can fix it? true answer would be - no, not really - he sometimes fires off wrong and breaks even if you start as bethesda wanted you to

nevertheless I had one success on restoring his regular dialogs with console, ie moving from quest stage to stage back and forth in between Out of Time (MQ102) and When Freedom Calls (Min00), there was also fun with enabling and disabling preston in the process, but I can't recall exact steps, I googled most of the stuff, so you may find some solutions out there

but be warned if your're far with other related quests this may break things even more

edit:

to sum things up - do the minutemen until you get preston to castle and then go raider, it works for me so far, this way I made some pretty decent and populated labour camps to feed my soon to be raider strongholds I planned in vicinity, before I even moved Nuka World raiders to commonwealth

also you'll need to move all the essentials somewhere, because you won't be able to raid sanctuary even with preston gone

Edited by drach

I also wanted never-even-talk to preston douchebag, went through painful process of becoming overboss first thing out of vault 111 and guess what, main questline broken, game unplayable

he also made me start new game twice or thrice in mid-late playthrough because his script did weird things and perma-broke questlines

to address issue if you can fix it? true answer would be - no, not really - he sometimes fires off wrong and breaks even if you start as bethesda wanted you to

nevertheless I had one success on restoring his regular dialogs with console, ie moving from quest stage to stage back and forth in between Out of Time (MQ102) and When Freedom Calls (Min00), there was also fun with enabling and disabling preston in the process, but I can't recall exact steps, I googled most of the stuff, so you may find some solutions out there

but be warned if your're far with other related quests this may break things even more

edit:

to sum things up - do the minutemen until you get preston to castle and then go raider, it works for me so far, this way I made some pretty decent and populated labour camps to feed my soon to be raider strongholds I planned in vicinity, before I even moved Nuka World raiders to commonwealth

also you'll need to move all the essentials somewhere, because you won't be able to raid sanctuary even with preston gone

As I'm playing a raider character now, this is an interesting discussion. I'm just out of the vault, so you're saying to be able to raid everywhere on the map, Preston has to be moved to the castle first? And what do you mean by move all the essentials? I guess my goal is to be able to raid every settlement on the map. Any other advice? If I do any quests for Railroad, Institute, BoS - how are those affected if I already did Nuka World?

that would be a good one,

from my side I'll add another request - true raider ending that replaces minutemen ending, with option to raid and conquer diamond city,

happy to lend a hand in this endeavour

That sounds awesome! Raiders are really interesting from an RP perspective, I haven't played Nuka World yet, but as a raider I don't feel raider gangs would be allied to each other indefinitely, so I have no problem with killing raiders outside of my own gang - if that makes sense. I wonder how that well translates to the game though haha.