Assassin Suit - Pip-Boy clipping issue

YaliJin

Just a few simple fixes, but let me explain:

The Assassin Suit is the best looking armor in the game for my stealth build, but it's very annoying to see the Pip-Boy clipping with the armor when a two handed gun is equipped: just equip a random rifle/shotgun and look down: the armor come through the pipboy texture as a dark irregular spot; moreover every time i bring up the Pip-Boy i can see it clipping on the left and right sides (plus the wrist looks odd).

I've tried to mess with blender but it seems i'm not capable of doing a decent work at all :pinch:

I'm not interested in any mod that removes/overhauls the Pip-Boy as they all ruin the immersion for me, so i'm looking for a good samaritan that would be so kind to model the armor (or texture, not sure what is the best solution) to avoid that kind of clipping.

Finally, i would like to ask, if possible, to adapt the armor around the neck to avoid clipping with the following Hazmat Helmet mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43021/?

Please note that i'm using the vanilla textures of the helmet with that model and the minor issue shows when the character is running: the back of the armor, specifically the neck area, slightly clips with the back of the helmet.

I play only male characters in Fallout and the clipping issues are referred to male version of both armor and helmet.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/154245588@N03/3w70av for screenshots

Edited by YaliJin

Yeah as YanL alluded to, the collar is kinda tough (being so high and the helmet/mask having such a protruding occipital region). I needed to re-install blender anyway, so I used your request as a test run.
I basically just shortened the collar and inch and a half (and fixed the pipboy prob). Try it and see if it minimizes the clipping a bit. Here is a link to the nif. Just place it in it's directory (on my system it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\meshes\nvdlc01\armor\stealthsuit" just create the folders needed, no esp required). Or if you haven't used replacers before let me know and I can create a bsa to automate the process for you.

I don't know if this interests you, but I did a mod of the hazmat helmet that made the night vision toggle via hotkey.

Also I made ("made" as in simpole re-tex) a couple of alternate helmets for the owb stealthsuit that might fit with the assassin suit (MK I stealthsuit). Pic;

47268-1-1343748564.jpg

Probably look better with the assassin suit if the glass was smoke though.

https://files.fm/u/3gmaakmy#_

pipboy is easy, the neck is impossible.

Extract in your New Vegas folder, active the AssassinsFix.esp

YEAH! It actually worked, thank you very much. The only thing left to do is fix the triangle of skin on the right of the Pip-Boy when it's up; by the way i'm sure it's the armors fault because it doesn't show up with armors without sleeves under the Pip-Boy. Is it possible for you or is it too much to ask? i know sometimes i can be a greedy perfectionist... :mellow:

Yeah as YanL alluded to, the collar is kinda tough (being so high and the helmet/mask having such a protruding occipital region). I needed to re-install blender anyway, so I used your request as a test run.

I basically just shortened the collar and inch and a half (and fixed the pipboy prob). Try it and see if it minimizes the clipping a bit. Here is a link to the nif. Just place it in it's directory (on my system it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\meshes\nvdlc01\armor\stealthsuit" just create the folders needed, no esp required). Or if you haven't used replacers before let me know and I can create a bsa to automate the process for you.

I don't know if this interests you, but I did a mod of the hazmat helmet that made the night vision toggle via hotkey.

Also I made ("made" as in simpole re-tex) a couple of alternate helmets for the owb stealthsuit that might fit with the assassin suit (MK I stealthsuit). Pic;

47268-1-1343748564.jpg

Probably look better with the assassin suit if the glass was smoke though.

Thanks for your job! but it seems i'm unable to make it work, the Pip-Boy clipping is still there but i see the difference in the collar height, odd.

About your retex, it is a simple and very cool mod as the Stealth Helmet looks awesome with MKII. Too bad that the armor itself looks like a Colorado potato beetle, but Scatty92 realized it and made the lines disappear and made it black. And yes, a smoked "glass" or polymer similar to the smoked windows on some cars would be just awesome, but i don't know how difficult this kind of work would be, as i heard that some modders had problems with shiny/reflective textures.

PS Sorry for the late answer, i was at work.

Edited by YaliJin

Try patterson´s solution first. Take his nif, rename to 1.nif and replace my file for his file.

Edit: Oh, you already try this. Ok, I fix for you.

Edited by YanL

Thanks for your job! but it seems i'm unable to make it work, the Pip-Boy clipping is still there but i see the difference in the collar height, odd.

No worries I can always adjust the pipboy clipping, it's not a big deal, but I think YanL is taking care of it.

However I'm curious though, did the collar do any good?

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

No worries I can always adjust the pipboy clipping, it's not a big deal, but I think YanL is taking care of it.

The collar doesn't penetrate the skull anymore! The clipping isn't 100% gone, but now is hardly visible plus the armor actually looks better with the shorter collar.

Edited by YaliJin

Already did it.

http://i.imgur.com/LMEGSHh.jpg

But since he preferred the necklace the way you put it, I'd rather you make that correction, is there a problem? I'm going to put the corrected file here for him to use for now, while he awaits your version, in case you take the job.

https://files.fm/u/fczd7tjq#_

(replace the nif)

The collar doesn't penetrate the skull anymore! The clipping isn't 100% gone, but now is hardly visible plus the armor actually looks better with the shorter collar.

That's good, I'll get you a new version next time I fire up blender. Might be worth reducing it a tiny bit more just to see if it knocks out the clipping completely.

But since he preferred the necklace the way you put it, I'd rather you make that correction, is there a problem?

Nah, no worries, pretty simple stuff. I think I see from your pic and YaliJin's where the clipping is at, I'll move some vertices around.