So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

I dont know what else we expected. IMO better than minimum wage shouldn't cut it. Royalties is what these people deserve. Now we get to pay micro transactions in a single player, rpg. Solid move bethesda and CC, solid move. Breking new ground everyday, on how much we can be f***ed. Horse armor and paint jobs. 1$ per 100cr, roughly.

Compared to how Valve does things for people who make skins, it definitely is a s#*! deal.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap i by mistake downloaded the beta 1.10 update for fallout4 whit the creation, and now i cant get a lot of my mods to work that i got from nexus...becouse of F4se is outdated..wish i could go back to the version before 1,10

You can just opt-out of the beta, dude. Google it if you dunno how.

Hellfire and Chinese stealth armors and prototype Gauss rifle are all based on existing Fallout items from previous games.. they also all already have free mod version here on Nexus. Horse armor is Beth attempting to laugh at itself and still somehow looking even sadder for it. Prey armor is a plug for another Beth IP so charging for that at all is a total joke. The pipe shotgun and backpack look cool, but are also competing with free mods that do similar things. PA paint job and pip-boy colors are pretty but shallow retexture mods, which actually makes the most sense to be distributed under this model as good texture work can be quite time consuming but is probably going to have the hardest time finding donors since it's generally a more passive change to the game that doesn't usually make people go reaching for their wallets. The pricing is way off though. Complaining about $.50 for a pip-boy texture sounds like we're being cheap, but again, when that is up against a free mod that lets you change the pip-boy colors at will, choosing from 3 dozen options... yeah, $.50 for a single pip-boy texture is way too much, as is $1 for a single PA paint job.

Add to that we're using credits and not real money. You're guaranteed to always throw some money away on these types of schemes since they design the purchase options to result in you having the odd 25 - 50 cents left over... multiply that by 1 million people and Zenimax basically gets $500k for nothing in exchange.

As for the Creator's themselves... no percentage of sales and lose creative rights... yeesh... that is standard for contract work, but does explain why there aren't any major quest mods or "new" things for the beta launch. If the salary is only "better than minimum wage in Sweden" that's not really that high a bar to clear. Any mod authors out there feel free to correct me, but retaining creative rights is probably worth whatever cut in $$ that might come with just asking the community for donations and Patreon pledges on the more complex and unique stuff I'm sure.

Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know which mod authors have started or plan to make stuff for the Creation Club? I know asXas has (the shotgun is his work), so now i'm curious to know if any other big names are involved. Some of the textures on that backpack look familiar as well for some reason.

The Creation Club makes sense if they would get behind projects like Skywind, Skyblivion, Beyond Skyrim - the entire rest of the series, Cascadia, etc...

A paint job for power armor is not what many of us were hoping for. I imagine some parents will be buying it for their young Xboxers and PS4 players.

Well someone has to say this... (bab5koshvoice) and so it begins.

Any new game they release will have this crap in it every single one. So far all the single player games have been kinda meh no matter who makes them and I doubt we will get better writing and story for a single player game in the future from any company. Chock it up to games becoming too complicated to develop in the usual time frame or the VR craze slowing things down with added dev time to support VR and even plain ol desperation to figure out how to pay for all that dev time and increased complexity of... everything. This has to be a sign the industry is going down soon maybe even that VR is disruptive to everything else. I could care less about VR it is just the usual 3D scam for this decade or generation yadda yadda same ol thing. We don't need super extreme complexity and barf inducing VR we just need good writing and a good story the rest can be rendered in DX11 for all I care as long as the textures are in 2K minimum and the graphics engine doesn't have a giant demand for draw calls like FO4 has then everything should be fine.

In the end, all this will do is give pirates something else to pirate and this thing will just peak early it won't get way up there with anyone and we still have to put up with beth.aids aggroing modders enough to make them quit modding.