So the Creation Club just launched...

Deleted631007User

Uhm. What? I've seen some youtube about the release... I can't find it anywhere in my game or the launcher... or the site.

But then again... WHAT THE EFFING F?

If they charge 5 bucks for a power armor paint, what would something like sim settlements cost? 5000? More?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope there are/will be more awesome things than paint jobs and weapons...

If you're expecting Big DLC-sized mods, I wouldn't hold my breath. The thing with DLC-sized mods is that they involve a lot of people. Even in cases like Flaskaar where one person does most of the lifting there's still a few dozen other people involved in minor roles. Once money gets involved, all of them are going to want a cut (and reasonably so). So, for Bethesda, paying for these sorts of mods is more expensive than paying for weapons or paint jobs and when you consider that not a single quest mod is in the top 100 most endorsed (non-adult )files--and it's not even close. The closest quest mod (fusion city rising) has more than 5000 fewer endorsements than the number most endorsed mod (ponytail variations). So for Bethesda, there's not a ton of incentive to approve those.

But even if Bethesda does approve one--and they might if only for good publicity or to give the CC more variety and thus broader appeal--the real problem comes on the modders end. There are no full-time modders. And while Bethesda is now paying modders, few if any are quitting their day jobs based on the unsubstantiated hope that the CC can provide a full-time income. And even if the lead designers on DLC-sized mods could do that, the minor contributors can't. So the same scheduling conflicts, real-life issues and all the other stuff that delays big mods will still be an issue. (And the long development cycle is of course another reason Bethesda might be hesitant to fund these sorts of mods.) And there's all the new interpersonal issues that come with injecting money into the process. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of modders just steered clear of it entirely--I believe Fallout: Cascadia is doing just that.

I'm not saying it can't happen or even won't happen. But if it happens, I expect it will be a while. I think people were hoping that the influx of money would result in new DLC being produced at record rate. I just don't see that happening. The development of really big mods will still be slow because it will still be done by part-time modders.

My game has not updated. Thankfully I think you have to update it manually via Steam Beta for now, if you want to access de CC right now. I'll keep it offline for now just in case, and follow the news about F4SE compatibility. I've been modding & tweaking for weeks, planning on starting a playthrough momentarily, and I wouldn't want an update messing up my game.

wow retextures and paint jobs, you call that creation club contents bethesda ?? This is paid mods simple and here i was expecting some detailed quest mods and new adventures. well what can you expect from a company that sold us Horse Armor after all. pathetic simply pathetic.

wow retextures and paint jobs, you call that creation club contents bethesda ?? This is paid mods simple and here i was expecting some detailed quest mods and new adventures. well what can you expect from a company that sold us Horse Armor after all. pathetic simply pathetic.

They actually added Horse Powerarmor there ^^

And is is looking like micro DLC garabge!!! How did we not see this coming! :wallbash: :wallbash:

There will be gems among this no doubt, so credit where it's due. I think the whole ESL extension update revealed where it's at in regard to large scale works, I'll be interested to see if anything ever pops up.

But as it stands, Bethesda has pretty much just trumped EA in my mind.