Hello, Please can you help me [Skyrim]

artsense2016

• Olá, eu tenho uma dúvida, sobre o game Skyrim (em sua versão clássica) seria possível utilizar o áudio do game em um idioma e o texto em outro?

Áudio em Espanhol

Texto em Inglês (Para utilizar a tradução PT/BR - Sobre o texto) - pois, a tradução só funciona com o idioma inglês.

• Teria alguma maneira fazer isso, pelo Skyrim.ini não da certo, talvez alterar algo utilizando TES V Edit ou outro?

- Desde já eu agradeço pela ajuda -

• Hello, I have a question about the game Skyrim (in its classic version) would it be possible to use the audio of the game in one language and the text in another?

Audio in Spanish

Text in English (To use the translation PT / BR - About the text) - therefore, the translation only works with the English language.

• Would there be any way to do this, by Skyrim.ini not sure, maybe change something using TES V Edit or another?

- Thanks for the help -

At a glance, I'd say that it can be done... manually. You'd have to extract the English strings from the main interface BSA and edit it. I think the problem you have is that a string will have a name, that name will be in English. So if you want the game to be running in Spanish but with English subtitles, you need to take the English strings file and replace the names of every single string to Spanish otherwise the game will fail to find them.

For example (I have no idea what the file actually looks like uncompressed, I'm just making this code up)...

English: $Hello = "Hello"

Spanish: $Hola = "Hola"

So you need to rename the string like this, leaving the description intact...

$Hola = "Hello"

If that makes the slightest bit of sense. I'm not saying this can be done, or that you or anybody has the energy and time to gruel through all the strings.

Also, if you have any companion or dialogue mods then you would probably have to modify those as well, or they just might not even have translations in the first place.

Edited by Kapteyn

I got it!

1 - I downloaded the game in Spanish;
2 - I downloaded the translation for (English / EN BR)
3 - Rename the files like this:

- Translate_SPANISH
- dawnguard_Spanish.dlstrings
- dawnguard
- dawnguard_Spanish.strings

And it substitutes all for the originals - My game is with the language of the speech in Spanish and the texts in Português Brazil.

- Thanks for the help - RESOLVED!

Ah, I did that but with the main string file which I extracted from the original BSA and it didn't work. I got some guff in the subtitles about strings not being found because the actual names of the strings were different. Looks like I neglected to look at the translation file, that was the key. :smile:

Edited by Kapteyn