Unable to acces NexusMods on Firefox, works on Edge

kamatsudash

• 1 year later...

The error *is* on your end. It's in the way your browser is configured to handle what it sees as "insecure" sites. Without going into lots of (mostly boring) detail, just log-on to the "Forums" side (completely https) then switch to the "Files" area. If still encountering difficulties, check that you've disabled "https everywhere" (or it's equivalent) in your browser's settings.

These issues ARE related to the decision by the major browsers to default to "https required". The change was made as part of browser updates over the past several months. While I support that decision, the "fix" (until all websites are able to reconfigure themselves) is in the hands of the users.

NOTE: I'm currently running Win10/64-bit, and have used FF almost exclusively for my own activities here on the Nexus for the past eight years (now on v55). I also frequently test with Edge, Chrome, and IE11. Yes, there are certain things that don't work across all browsers (esp. Edge) but basic file and image upload/download actions work perfectly well with all.

Tryed to follow this.

Nothing changed. All i can read is:

==========================================

"Secure connection failed

The connection to the server was canceled when the page was loaded.

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because it is not possible to verify the authenticity of the received data.

Contact the website manager to inform them of the problem.

==========================================

On FF, Chrome and Edge. I'm currently replying from another of my PC.

EDIT: found the problem. Looks like Kaspersky antivirus have messed up with the last update.

Solved.

The error *is* on your end.

NOTE: I'm currently running Win10/64-bit, and have used FF almost exclusively for my own activities here on the Nexus for the past eight years (now on v55). I also frequently test with Edge, Chrome, and IE11. Yes, there are certain things that don't work across all browsers (esp. Edge) but basic file and image upload/download actions work perfectly well with all.

EDIT: found the problem. Looks like Kaspersky antivirus have messed up with the last update.

Solved.

As said before, problems connecting are at the user's end. Not much we can do about those from ours. :turned:

Well, I discover a solution, for some reason in my pc I must "open in a new window" to see the correct login page, same to download. I have no idea what cause that in any kind of browser I got (haven't got firewall or antivirus) but I very happy about solve it and not waste 5 years of fun in nexusmod, ufff...