New Update, F4SE?

blackhand8657

Lol, steam actually remembers that a game COULD be updated, and refuses to start it? What a bunch of assholes...

You could try backupping your *.exe, let steam to it's worst, and then restore the backup.

edit: it seems like you need to backup the libScePad.dll as well

I set my steam to offline mode since the first announcement of this whole crap. Seems like that's the only way to be sure.

Maybe that's why. I didn't set it to not-to-autoupdate until I leaned this was already on beta. Now it says Update Required.

I'll try your suggestion, but won't steam re-update it when I try to play?

Putting steam in offline mode prior to an update is the only way to keep a game from updating I find.. Eh no autoupdate has never truly worked for me. If you're like me and was caught with it online, well..

Beth games seem to be the only game where having steam online can be a problem.

Edited by Rasikko

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set steam setting to "Only update this game when I launch it" and launch the game through F4SE.exe file. If you launching the game through steam or default laucher it will force update.

so this is confirmed to be working? i don't feel like risking it now...and i feel like playing fo4 now

Hey, just tested this out.

I was able to launch the game through F4SE after cancelling the download completely and setting the automatic updates to "Only update this game when I launch it" as mentioned before.

However, it is important that you launch steam first, since running F4SE when steam hasn't started causes it to launch the game normally and trigger the update.

Hey, just tested this out.

I was able to launch the game through F4SE after cancelling the download completely and setting the automatic updates to "Only update this game when I launch it" as mentioned before.

However, it is important that you launch steam first, since running F4SE when steam hasn't started causes it to launch the game normally and trigger the update.

yeah, i can verify that it works. i launched F4SE through NMM and it works like a charm

Thanks. But it's all good. I spend some time talking to my wife. She seems like a nice person. xD

Haha :)

Well I don't have one so it's reverting games, tweaking Steam settings and venting my impotent rage on 'teh formes' for me!